Freshly Jailbroken Cannot Add Sources or Locate Packages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yobbers, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Yobbers macrumors newbie

I have been clearing hoops and hurdles to jailbreak my phone. I originally made the mistake of updating my phone to 4.0. After a failed attempt to jailbreak my phone, i restored it and somehow agreed to 4.0.2. I then shift click restored to 4.0.1 and jailbreaked my phone via jailbreakme.com

I've been doing some research and have come to the realization that I have no idea what I am doing. I've been trying to add sources and packages with cydia but get the following error messages: "cannot locate packages" and "unable to read source list - Error refreshing Data ~ malformed line X in source list/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (URI parse)

I am not sure if this is a result of troubles listed above (downgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 after a failed jailbreak) or my computer illiteracy.

Please help.....

Thanks,

Yobbers

2. jckmcgraw macrumors newbie

Similar Problem

I've had a similar problem.

I jailbroke my iphone 3g v. 4.0. I was using it for a bit and downloading stuff from cydia. When I was trying to download the theme "chocomilk", it never stopped updating. About 10 minutes later, I shut down my phone and turned it back on. Now every time I open it or reload it this message pops up:

"Error: Database
    Malformed line 2 in source list
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (URI parse)"

I've read some other forums with people having this problem, but I can't view ANY of my sources (or anything else except for "All Packages"—which has nothing—Cydia home, and manage). Whenever I search for something, it says it can't find any sources or packages.

I was about to restore, when it said "restore AND UPDATE"!! If you can't solve my first problem, is there a way to restore without updating?

Any help??

Thanks a ton.