Frets on Fire RF-Mod

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mirffy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mirffy macrumors member

I know it's out there!! You used to be able to get a ready patched version of Frets on Fire from here. Thing is: bigtory.net does not resolve to any IP anymore :mad:
    Google's cache still shows it was there on 18 Feb. What's going on here :confused:

If anybody has the patched version, I'd be ever so thankful!
    Just post here, or drop me a pm and we can exchange mail addresses or figure something else out. Or maybe somebody knows a mirror that is hidden somewhere out there?

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'll upload and pm you it.

Oh! You wanted an RF modded one... sorry I don't have that, I just have a working version on FoF. If you at least just want a standard FoF for mac just tell me.

Woah.... the edit button, instead of Save says Vote now. Whaaaaa??

I should have taken a screen...

3. mirffy thread starter macrumors member

Cheers, I've got a working version of FoF already though and was just longing for the RF Mod :(

4. ryancode00 macrumors newbie

5. ryancode00 macrumors newbie

hey i just tried it and couldn't get it to work. let me know if you have any luck.

6. krimb1 macrumors newbie

7. ryancode00 macrumors newbie

ya i got the program working but i couldn't get it to work with my rock band guitar. which makes it useless to me but im glad it was what you were looking for.

8. krimb1 macrumors newbie

Oh wow! You're using it with a Rock Band guitar huh? Do you mind me asking what kind (i.e. 360, PS3, etc., wired/wireless)? B/c I've been messing around with hooking up guitars from other systems too but have only tried the GH II/III controllers (successfully). I'm very interested to know your setup. I used a PS2-->USB converter for the wired one and map all the buttons with USB Overdrive.

:)

9. krimb1 macrumors newbie

Also, does anyone know how to check the RF-mod version that's been "installed" into the FoF link given above? I know the FoF version is 1.1.324...

Thanks!

10. ryancode00 macrumors newbie

i use a PS2 rock band guitar, but im sure that PS3 and 360 controllers will work as well. i haven't tried my guitar hero controller, but with a PS to USB converter i would imagine that should work as well. then its just a simple matter of going to the key settings menu of FoF and changing the keys to your guitar. now keep in mind that i was only able to make this work in an unmoded version of FoF and not the version linked on this page. i hope this helps and if you cant figure it out there should be a few tutorials on youtube that will take you threw it step by step.

and if anyone figures out how to get RB or GH guitars to work in this modded version let me know

11. ryancode00 macrumors newbie

its RF-Mod 3.5

12. krimb1 macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the info ryan. Yeah, I'm using a PS2 Guitar Hero controller with the modded FoF just fine by using USB Overdrive to map the controls. USB Overdrive has a neat feature to map the buttons only when the application is launched, so the mapped buttons are only activated when I play FoF.

Hope that helps!

13. orion704 macrumors newbie

Rockband Guitar & Frets on Fire

Can someone please post a step by step procedure on how to set up the Rockband Guitar to work with Frets on Fire? I downloaded USB Overdrive but I don't know how to set it up. I also have a PS2 Guitar Hero but it doesn't seem to work very well with USB Overdrive. I have an Intel Mac Mini 2.0 GHz with 2 GB RAM. I was able to get the latest version of Frets on Fire to work. I just can't map the RB keys to it. Thanks.