Frets on Fire w/ 360 Guitar Controller

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by barr08, Jul 11, 2007.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried frets on fire with the 360 guitar in os x? I have been meaning to give it a shot, but just have not have the time. I am not a big frets on fire fan, but this could be a cool way to play new songs, and since the 360 guitar works on os x, it's a no-brainer.

2. Jostifer macrumors newbie

Jostifer

To answer your question, yes it works :D
    I havent tried it myself, but the guys at TUAW e-mailed the developer of the open source Xbox 360 controller driver and asked him to implement support for the x-plorer controller in the latest revision.
    And they have confirmed that it works great :)
    (This was loosely quoted from Joystiq )
    Its awesome since the 360 GH2 controller has that nice mac finish to it :)

Jostifer

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I can't even get Frets on Fire to work. Everytime I Download it and run it the application closes immediately on startup. I tried 3 times in the last 6 months and always the same problem. This was on my Powermac G5.

4. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

Have you checked the system and user logs in Apple System Profiler. It should hopefully point to the problem.

5. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

FoF is buggy for windows, too. I am not sure I want to give this a try until a better emulator comes out. I am going to grab whatever driver I need for the guitar though, because I think it would be fun seeing what else I can control with the guitar :D.