Friday Nov 26th at Apple Stores World Wide

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DavidWilton, Nov 23, 2010.

1. DavidWilton macrumors newbie

Whats the deal with this "one-day Apple Shopping event"? Is anything different on the site when you click more info the only thing that comes up is the picture I have screen-caped below. Maybe free gift wrapping on all items or something?

[​IMG]

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

We saw the Beatles hype so I wouldn't doubt it if this is nothing more than free gift wrapping.

3. DavidWilton thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha, very true. Well I should be in Belfast City tomorrow so il ask a member of staff in the Apple store and see if that gives us any idea :confused:

4. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

It's a black Friday sale.... (probable 10%-30% discounts)

5. DavidWilton thread starter macrumors newbie

"Shopping event prices are solely available on November 26, 2010, are subject to change, and do not include taxes. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with any other offers. Not all sale products are available in all Apple Retail Stores. Product specifications are subject to change. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last."

Just checked my email... That's the small print from an email Apple sent about the event.

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

7. DavidWilton thread starter macrumors newbie

Was in the Apple Store Belfast today and the staff members genuinely had no idea what the event was all about. They did say more than likely an email will be sent out at around midnight on thursday with all the information!

8. dacapo macrumors 6502

9. Queso macrumors G4

Might pop up the road to Regent St. on Friday and take a peek. Nothing I really need at the mo, but there might be something to catch my eye.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Apple will offer AppleTV at $79 on Friday. Get those suckers in people's homes.

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

LOL....

Don't think so - usually it's $20 off higher end iPods like the Touch and Classic...

Why have a sale when you are selling them at retail?

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Steve Jobs would fire anyone at Apple who even suggested discounts this big. They are not about to deviate from their premium pricing... :)

13. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Though I doubt it, this would probably be the only reason I'd bother to pop in an Apple Store on Friday.

14. bruinsrme, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

15. Statik macrumors member

It is, but for some reason Apple expands the sale to other countries too and I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Does apple also give a discount on Boxing Day? I can't recall from last year.

16. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

What is "Boxing Day"?

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

In Boxing Day we don't talk about Boxing Day. ;)

In Canada, for sure, it's the day after Christmas, when all the crap they couldn't sell for the actual Holiday goes on sale.

18. Statik macrumors member

Unlike the mad sales down south, "Black Friday" is almost completely a non event up north. I don't think I saw a single ad or flyer even mention it.

Boxing Day OTOH is when everybody gets the day off and expects all the big crazy sales with the line ups around the block to match.

Not sure what the shopping is like, but the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and other nations celebrate it too.