Friday Stock/Line Report

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott6666, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Let's get 'em before the weekend crowds show up.

Particularly looking for reports as to when stock show up for the day, if anyone finds out; and if there are long lines in place that will suck up that stock before the rest of us can get there.

2. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

3. jwright0 macrumors newbie

Still looking for one in NoVa...either Tysons or Clarendon. Last night said Tysons had stock of black and white 16G, but can't make it there until 3pm. Would be good to know if anyone tried this morning...but chances are your still standing in line :)

4. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

What, and miss the daily saga??

5. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

I called Barton Creek in Austin and the guy said they have a 'Really long line' at 9am.

6. ihazapple macrumors newbie

Clarendon VA

I was going to head over to Clarendon too ... I am looking for the white 16g. Anyone have any luck there?

7. jwright0 macrumors newbie

As of last night 6:30pm they had white 16G. I got out of line because they were out of black 16G. Stock indicator said they have white, I'd take the chance, you will prob get lucky.

8. tatekev macrumors newbie

does anyone know anything about the summit store in birmingham, al?

9. toptekjon macrumors member

toptekjon

Albany has stock

I was able to walk into the Crossgates Mall - Albany Apple store yesterday and walk out with my new iPhone! Took less than 20 minutes, only waited behind 2 other customers!
    I called first since the store is on my way home from work, so call your local store. It was definitely a big shipment they received, looked like at least 100 or more iPhones on the shelves.

I got the black 16gb!! So glad I waited instead of standing in line for hours.

10. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Went to the Bethesda Row store at 8:30am, they said they didn't have any and didn't know if they would get any. Drove over to Montgomery Mall (the Apple website said they had stock as of last night). The line was a mile long and they said all the phones were already taken. Drove back to the Bethesda store and got there just as they started selling phones again... I got a 16GB Black FINALLY! Woo hoo. Keep trying everyone, keep hope alive.

11. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I hear the Costa Mesa and Newport Beach Apple stores are either sold out or they are very low on stock. They may or may not get a shipment today, however.

12. prelag macrumors member

Here in Vegas at the Apple Store in the Fashion Show I saw a man brutally beat and raped.

The crowd went ape **** when they found out he had purchased the last iphone. They ended up sodomizing him with his own iphone.

13. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Bethesda Row, 12:50pm - 20 people in line; more in store.

Person in the orange shirt could not tell me about stock.

14. sn0wman macrumors newbie

I swung by Tysons at about 11:45 on my lunch break, and there were about 50 people in line outside of the store. There was a sticker on the front window that said no iPhones, and the line didn't look like it was moving. So, I took off from there, and I'm thinking about trying Clarendon this afternoon. Any news from anyone in Virginia?

15. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

We'll miss you on the daily stock/line thread! Let us know about battery life and the general goodness of the phone (especially vs the 2G phone).

16. fidget26 macrumors newbie

I went by the Clarendon store around 12:15 or so and the apple people esitmated the line was 4-5 hours and they wouldn't say whether they had enough stock to cover it. They did tell they were out of the 16g in black.

17. kheovnien macrumors member

newport beach, ca had 50+ people in line before 10 a.m. anyone else with orange county store updates?

18. edgetab22 macrumors newbie

SoCal Availability

Just got back from Apple Store in Victoria Gardens (Rancho Cucamonga). I waited about 10 min to get mine. I got there at 10am. They have a lot of 16G black AND white. No 8G's left. There was barely no line when I left. They also might a new shipment in sometime today. So I would go as soon as you can!

19. RussM macrumors newbie

Got my new 3G iPhone today ( 16GB Black) in Danbury, CT. Very pleased so far. Here's two tips -

1) Don't assume that the info on the Apple availability page is correct. I went to a store that showed 8gb only, and they did have 16gb black in stock.

2) Store hours may vary from the usual schedule. My store usually opens at 10am, but was open early. Arrived at 9am, and had only 4 people ahead of me in line. A short wait. I was upgrading from a 2G iPhone, so my transaction took less than 10 min. No problems.

20. kmay37 macrumors member

Anyone know about the Palm Beach Gardens store in FL?

21. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Wow sounds like my situation. I really wanted a 16GB Black and the website said that's all my Apple Store had. So my mom goes at 9 a.m (since the site says they open at 10 a.m) and they are sold out. Because apparently they opened "early". Like what the hell. They are making this impossible for me, so I wanted 16GB Black, if not that then 8GB, but of course they sold out of both and only had whites available. So I had to settle for that....

22. leels macrumors newbie

how long should I plan to wait?

tomorrow in Bethesda Row or Montgomery Mall? They both open @ 8...

Thanks!