Fried 9600m GT, Day old 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theloveshack26, Jun 20, 2009.

1. theloveshack26 macrumors newbie

Just got my CTO 15" MBP in the mail Thursday night, and came home Saturday after leaving it on downloading for a couple hours and the screen was a mess of dancing pixels. Took it in and on Monday I'll find out how long I'm going to have to wait for a replacement.

Very disappointing failure, but I'm glad it happened before I had anything time-intensive on my machine.

They were more than understanding that I was pretty frustrated at having my laptop die within a day of receiving it, so hopefully they'll be able to push a quick replacement out... anybody else have any major issues with their new laptops?

2. salesguy macrumors regular

That sucks, sorry to hear, they will get it sorted out soon enough.

How many things were you downloading? Did you set it to not sleep?

3. veterator macrumors member

veterator

You have my sympathy. Mine's perfect. With luck they might just give a replacement on the spot.

4. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Wow that really sucks. When my old MBP died they halved the estimated wait time, so hopefully that will predict good service for you.

5. theloveshack26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just downloading a simple torrent, it probably finished soon after leaving it too (open on my desk, 70 degree or so room).

It was on the factory sleep settings, woke it and the screen was a mess :confused:.

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Sorry to hear, but I would much rather have something quit on me quickly so there would be no hassle replacing it.

Dale