Fried Apple Remote

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaron.lee2006, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #1
    Yes, yes we all know I'm going to get made fun of on how i ruin Apple hardware all the time but here we go again :p

    I accidentally left my Apple remote in my pants pocket and it went through the wash and now it doesn't work. I have left it sitting for about 2 weeks and no change. Is it possible that I have only fried the battery?
     
  2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

    EricNau

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2005
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #2
    I would take the battery out and test it (if you don't have a tester you could take it to just about any battery store and they'll have a tester).
     
  3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

    Bill Gates

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #3
    I would give up at this point and buy a typewriter, and not an electric one either.

    Or, take out the battery and let the remote dry for a day before reinserting the battery and testing it out again.
     
  4. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #4
    Well I can't be blamed for the MacBook Pro because even Apple agreed it was faulty :p But yes I should buy a type write :p My school has a battery tester so I will test it on Monday morning. I'll take the battery out now.
     
  5. CV4 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #5
    This is why I never let you use any of my **** unsupervised. :p
     

Share This Page