Fried Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bjd80, Apr 15, 2012.

1. bjd80 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a flash drive that I have had for awhile. The other day my macbook pro wouldn't recognize it. I have tried it in several other computers, both windows and mac, but they won't recognize the drive. I took the plastic case off and put just the 'guts' - aka the chip and male usb end in but the LED won't even light up. However, the drive does get hot to the touch.

Any suggestions for bringing it back to life or should i just suck it up and get a new flash drive?

Thanks!

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Just get a new one. Flash drives are cheap.

If there is valuable data on the drive that you don't have backed up and need to get extracted, it might be possible (but most likely expensive) to do so.

3. simsaladimbamba

What does that even mean?

4. simsaladimbamba

Considering your post history, my feelings towards you are bordering on hate, but not quite there yet.

Anyway, I was more referring to this:
    But thanks, for disproving some of my points, not 85 though.

5. pat park macrumors 6502a

you need to come up with useful answers.

Most of your posts are full of unintelligible banter that adds nothing to the conversation. Please, think before you type!

6. simsaladimbamba

You can post, but maybe do it in a more intelligible way?
    And what about your iBook G4 thread? Or is that solved now and you already got your answers?

7. simsaladimbamba

I didn't want to hear that, but since you never answered all the questions, and posted in that thread several times, I may just have become a bit frustrated.

Anyway, sorry to hear, that you got cheated. Could you return the iBook? If not, I hope, you don't consider that person a friend anymore, since such behaviour between friends is beneath contempt.

Have a good day, and sorry I came of as rude towards you.

8. simsaladimbamba

Apple switched to Intel in 2006, thus any 2005 Mac will be either an iBook, PowerBook, iMac, eMac, Mac mini or PowerMac and using an abandoned CPU architecture.
    Look here for more specifics: www.everymac.com