Fried Iphone Charger?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexlam, Mar 10, 2012.

1. alexlam macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I charged my phone last night and woke up to a burnt iPhone charger. I've charged my phone from this outlet with this charger multiple times. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did handle it? What did you say to the apple rep? What could have caused this?

Attached Files:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You'll find a number of threads about this happening. It's either due to dust getting between the dock and the phone or it's due to a hardware malfunction. Take it back to the Apple Store and they'll probably give you a new one.

3. nymacdaddy macrumors newbie

try and file a lawsuit. this could have potentially sparked off a fire in your house!

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Because it's Apples fault and all right? I could see him having a leg to stand on if the house actually caught on fire but it didn't so what is he gonna sue for?

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Was this one of the older recalled ones or the newer replacement?

6. gakuran hitori macrumors regular

gakuran hitori

No, since it has a green dot.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yikes! Sorry, I didn't zoom in the first time so I didn't see it. Let's see the bottom of the phone!

8. blevins321 macrumors 68030

There's a form on the Apple support site for power adapter replacements. Originally made for the old recalled ones, but Apple phone support made me fill out the form to replace one of the new green dots of mine that stopped working.

Could probably just fill out that form. They'll overnight you a new one then include a label for you to ship the old one back- all no charge.

9. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

Anything happened to your phone? Scorched marks? Still charges?

Sorry you had to experience this, but I'm a bit wary as I charge mine right next to me in my bunk. I keep my phone close since I live in a tent.

10. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Damnn that is quite scary. I charge it by my bed too. Filled with bed covers and what not.