Fried Logic Board

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tsanders9, Mar 23, 2009.

1. tsanders9 macrumors newbie

So my brother just spilt lens cleaner on his macbook and he had one of his computer savvy friends look at it he told him that he fried his logic board. His macbook is still within the one year warranty but I have heard that apple does not cover damages caused by liquid. Is there any way to get around this so that it isn't obvious that the damage was caused by the lens cleaner, like getting apple care or anything else. My brother just got this computer and is a poor college kid so any advice would be helpful.

2. PrinceOfEgypt macrumors member

So you are asking if there is any way for Apple to pay for something that is clearly his fault?

Have you ever heard of something called personal responsibility?

to answer your question, there is a moisture sensor inside the laptop that will make it clear that it has been wet, voiding the warranty.

3. tsanders9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah well I am just trying to help him out and not trying to make him feel even worse for accidently breaking his macbook, which was his graduation gift.
    Is there any other option in getting it fixed or is he going to have to part out the computer and start saving up for a new one?