Friend at three network on new iphone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gimmeiphone, Sep 19, 2011.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

Told me that theyre booked in for training on an bumped spec iphone 4 next month, and nothing else this year for iphone 5 and that she is 100% confident that the iphone 5 will be out next year, due to there being no training scheduled for such a device. I know how funny these threads are "oh my friend from o2 who is a sales assistant has played with iphone 6!! no she definitely has!!!" lol but it seems to coincide with todays pic leak, whatever just thought id share what i was told:eek:

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Yup, my great-granddaughter confirmed pretty much the same.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...because they couldn't simply train 2 phones at the same time.

As has been said countless times before, people who work at phone companies don't know anything and are kept in the dark until Apple officially announces something... just as the same could be said for employees of the Apple stores.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Do you have concrete evidence of such frivolous claim dear?

5. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I bet even most Apple employees have no idea what's about to be released so I doubt she knows anything we don't know.

6. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

come on dudes i did say that these threads are common and hold zero weight, like i said just thought id share what i was told today before the pics leaked, dont shoot the messenger

7. Pooshka macrumors 65816

too late, bro

[​IMG]

8. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

lol! people on here are rabid! i expected the typical dickish attitude of MR posters, but i did say how funny i myself find such threads, was just a little coincidence with the pics leaking today thought id say what i was told. I personally think that if apple do delay a redesigned iphone with bigger screen till next year AFTER the xmas period, they seriously, shooting themselves in the foot, however, introducing a cheaper bumped spec iphone 4 may prove popular in such an economy.

Still, after such a long gap between iphone models its pretty disappointing to release such a weak improvement what with all these phone manufacturers throwing around such highly specced (albeit lumbered with an inferior os) apple needs to step it up big time

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

[​IMG]

Nice one :)

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

My dog says the next iPad will be called the iSlate and will be 25 inches wide with iOS 27 with a hexa-core processor clocked at 8ghz per core with a screen that has a 953ppi and 5G connectivity on an AT&TMobile.

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

... you decided to post another frivolous thread anyway.

12. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

:p

----------

i shall reserve such postings in future for some "when is iphone 5 release date?" or "where can i preorder iphone 5?" or "should i buy iphone 4 now or wait?" threads, people always love those :D

13. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

At least they won't post something knowing it's useless, and then be surprised when people respond by treating it as such.

The Wasteland is full of threads like this and those that you mentioned... I wouldn't be surprised if this one made it over there as well.

14. aohus macrumors 68000

J.P Morgan is saying there will be an iPhone 4 Plus and iPhone 5 coming this year.

iPhone 5 will not have LTE radio though.

15. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

hope so! all i want is a bigger screen, has to be the smallest smartphone screen there is now. I know that a sales assistant would know nothing more than anyone on the street tbh, but they do know when theyll be getting trained and some idea of what on, fingers crossed that we havent waiting this long for a bumped ip4, already selling mine in prep lol

16. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Stopped reading right there.

How about Toys Я Us or IKEA?

17. aohus macrumors 68000

seriously? /smh

18. shandyman, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

shandyman Suspended

I live round the corner from Vodafone HQ in Newbury and i know alot of people that work there, they all have told me the same thing..........

They, as a company, have not been told anything by Apple yet. That only a small group, of top level brass, knows anything, it's a very small group of people that are unable to say anything until Apple have done their event. Same as last year. If it leaks from them, they know who it will be and they lose their jobs straight away. I would expect this is the same for any of the other networks.

19. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

lets go rough em up for info :p hate the secrecy around apple

20. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

There are always threads like this for the upcoming iPhone :rolleyes:
    Come on guys, remember last year?

21. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Did you ever think that maybe there isn't training scheduled for such a device because Apple didn't tell them about it?

22. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

maybe, but its doubtful that theyd just drop the iphone 5 on retailers with no training at all

23. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

If they already have a training session planned, who's to say it's for what they've said it's for?

Not to mention, with the phone not even announced, there's still plenty of time to train before it's out on shelves.

24. -iKris- macrumors regular

Imagine if every single retail store that will sell iPhone 5s all had their staff personally train with it this early, or even had those staff informed that the training was coming.

How long do you think that many thousands of people would keep the secret? (The fact that someone you know told you this is the reason that Apple wouldn't tell them anything.)

And do you think Apple want to announce this to the world themselves, or have some sales assistant from a retail store leak it on here?

Oh, and who here will be so confused by the new iPhone that they'll need to be trained to use it? I'm sure the people in the stores will get by okay...

25. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It likely won't really released the same day. And even in the small chance that it is, they won't be sold in stores the same day. There'll be time for training.