Friend going insane over RAW images

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
Depends on the RAW format, most camera manufacturers offer readers for there own cameras. These can usually be downloaded for free. There are free genral readers available of varying quality but off the top of my head I cannot remember the names.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Have you tried Graphic Converter? It will even let you export the images to another format!

CiBoys

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
i don't think he needs to reformat the the pictures, he just need an app view the picture and being able to delete them, kida like iPhoto, but that loads to slow. He has an Canon 10D.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Get your buddy an AppleScript that converts images to something more readable... and just in time for the holiday season!

javiercr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
London
CiBoys said:
i don't think he needs to reformat the the pictures, he just need an app view the picture and being able to delete them, kida like iPhoto, but that loads to slow. He has an Canon 10D.
Canon has software for that, for PCs in called ZoomView, I am not sure if it has the same name for Mac, but if he has a 10D it came with a CD that should have it.

I agree iPhoto is crap for raws.

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
Raw images are a minefield

I use two Digial cameras both Canon and iPhoto is fine with RAW images from the EOS 300D but is incompatible with the older Powershot G2 :confused:

Have to use Image Browser to Convert them :rolleyes: