friend got an android phone, cant text her

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sstewart207, Oct 1, 2014.

1. sstewart207 macrumors newbie

She says other people that have iPhones can text her so i think its something with my phone and not that iMessage bug. The text just wants to send as a iMessage (send button turns blue) but she doesnt get it cause she doesnt have an iPhone. I even deleted her number thinking that would help. no luck. and regular texts from her show up fine but i cannot reply, as it seems my phone "remembers" that its an iMessage number. Also, the solution for going into Apple support page and "deactivating" iMessage most likely won't be a great one, because she shares her Apple ID with her sister (that would turn off iMessage on her iPhone) what should i do here? We been having to use kik and sometimes i dont get notifications but i think thats a bug in kik, and id like to continue using texting.

2. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

Have you tried going to settings>messages and turning on the "send as an sms" option?

3. sstewart207 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep. Just still sends as a iMessage

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Also check her listing in your Contacts and make sure that her phone number listing label didn't default to iPhone (which will trigger iMessage); maybe don't even label her number as any kind of Mobile. Use Home instead; see if that helps.

5. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

Also, if you send a text and is sending it with a blue loading bar, you can hold your finger on top of the text and an option to send it over sms will appear.

6. Koshie macrumors newbie

had the same issue restart your phone & try again

7. sstewart207 thread starter macrumors newbie

this is the only solution thats worked so far. thanks! a little annoying having to do that for every message, but it works.

8. H3boy macrumors regular

H3boy

Are you 100% sure the conversation is going to her phone number and not an email address she had on her iMessage account?

9. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Tell her sister to remove the mobile number of your friend from their Apple account. It's not good that she shares one with her sister, her number needs to get out of there. ;)