Friend has a strange weather location issue..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iapplelove, Feb 17, 2015.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

My friend finally upgraded her beloved 4S for an iPhone 6. Over the last day or so she kept telling me when she checks the weather from the weather app it displays wrong info. She isn't use to ios 7/8 but sent me a screen shot of what she is referring to.

[​IMG]

But the correct info is this
    [​IMG]

She tried a reboot, set the phone up with last iCloud backup not really sure what advice I could give never seen this issue before??
    Anyone ever fix this issue?

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

It lists a city but not a state, my guess is that she's looking at the weather for another city called providence in a different state. Check her locations or delete and re-add her providence and make sure she picks the right state this time.

3. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure this is the default location but I will check with her

4. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Friend has a strange weather location issue..

Its definitely a custom location... You can tell by looking at the bottom of the screen shot. It would have the arrow highlighted instead of one of the circles if it was the current location weather. Alternately she could swipe right twice to get back to the gps current location weather, but I didnt know if she was in providence:)

5. iapplelove, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

You are right just noticed that now! lol I'm gonna go by there later tonight to delete the ones she added the find the right providence ri lol

Thanks

6. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Her providence looks like it has better weather. Maybe she should just leave it and move to that providence;)

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's rather odd, or perhaps too bad that Apple doesn't list the state or something else to help identify the city as city names can often be common and mistakes of this type can easily occur without a simple and quick way to know.

8. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol it was -6 yesterday morning I will take rain over snow any day