iPad mini friend is selling iPad mini with cellular chip for 300

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Oct 17, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

im in a big need for a tablet for school and media consumption , I'm so tired of watching youtube on my iPhone or starting up a computer / laptop just to view a document so i could say i actually do need a tablet . i was going to go for a surface 2 so i could bring to the school library ect, but then a friend told me he wants to get the updated iPad mini when it comes out and is selling his data enabled iPad mini 16 gb for $ 300.

i could talk him down to 275 i guess. anyway ! my choices are nexus 7, iPad mini with data, or the surface 2. the surface 2 pro doesn't make too much sense as i have a macbook, the old iPad mini is eh since my eyes suck and resolution is something i hold highly. the nexus 7 was the most attractive option until i saw how much i use office programs ect. the iPad mini would be the best deal at the moment but with the retina model coming out soon and the iPad 5 being released soon I'm not too sure it makes sense to get the older product even if its cheaper. price is a bit of concern since i spent most of my money on a macbook earlier this year as well as other college fees.

thanks for the help guys

2. Bear macrumors G3

Apple is currently selling that model for $389 refurbished and that price will drop when the new models are announced. And of course will have a full warranty.

I'd say no more than $275 for that used right now.

3. calaverasgrande macrumors 65816

calaverasgrande

personally I'd go for the Apple refurb store.

4. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

This.
    The refurbs are perfect (new case / battery / *screen ) and have a 1 year warranty.

*In some cases the refurb have a new screen if the old one did not pass the QC test.

5. bobright macrumors 601

6. Tysknaden macrumors regular

Tysknaden

Mini 1, 16gb, non-retina, in used condition, unrefurbished not worth the money, anymore. $ 200 would be okay. Do not pay a cent more.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

LOL at how the price drops with each subsequent poster! :D

8. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

lmfao at these price estimates. 225 sounds like a sweet spot. otherwise ill go for apple refurb. but more importantly does the mini suit me ? what about the new nexus 7 or an ipad 5 ?

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't know how much the nexus 7 costs, but the cheapest iPad 5 would likely cost $500, so keep that in mind if price is a concern.

Other than that, it's hard to say without knowing what features are most important to you. Portability? Smooth interaction with the Apple ecosystem? Or do you use Google's services more? Big screen more important than portability? etc, etc.