Price Advice Friend selling Macbook pro 2010 for 600

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Trowell121, May 28, 2013.

1. Trowell121 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

My friend is willing to sell me a Macbook pro 2010 that's in mint condition for 600.
    Here are the specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
    4 Gb DDR3 ram
    250 GB HDD
    Nividia Geforce 330m

Any type of reply is deeply appreciated.

2. raymondso macrumors member

raymondso

a bit too expensive. :rolleyes:

3. Trowell121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help,it's been a while since I bought a Mac.What is the suggested price that you would value it?

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Might want to get the CPU and/or GPU looked at again. The Core 2 and GT 330M never were on a MBP at the same time.

5. jdblas69 macrumors regular

GPU is a GeForce 320M not 330M as you pointed out.

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Wasn't that a bad one?
    I mean, troubles with it.

7. jdblas69 macrumors regular

I have the same MBP as the OP is looking for price advice on. Fortunately I have had no issues. Not sure what you mean by problems, I do not do any intensive work that would likely demand a lot from the GPU so maybe that is why I have not noticed any problems with it.

Overall I have been pretty happy with this unit, I recently put in a SSD and upgraded the ram and now have a pretty solid machine.

8. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Thought it was a bad GPU but I just googled it and didn't get many hits so I guess it not a problem GPU, sorry I scared you.:eek:

9. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Seems to me....

realistically can go as low as $475. Depending good care of the machine, no cosmetic and functional issues and AppleCare present, the price can go up.

:):apple:

10. Trowell121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the misconception guys.I did mean to say that it's the 320,not 330.Also Phoenix,it's in superb condition,as if it's come out of the box.No wear and tear damage at all.

11. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's a 320M as the 13" which used that cpu in 2010 never used the 330m. It seems a bit high to me, especially if it's the original battery. I say that about a lot of things posted on here though. It's a Core2 model. I suspect it will run whatever OS replaces mountain lion and end there. If you plan to run mountain lion, I would probably bump it to 8GB of ram. Lion and ML have both been incredibly ram hungry, and sometimes poor at freeing up memory. A couple things to keep in mind are that HDDs are definitely not immortal. The same goes for batteries. I've personally experienced batteries that swelled up as they aged even though they still held a charge up to that point. Because of that I tend to factor potential battery replacement or other minor costs into what I would be willing to pay for a used machine.