Friendly isn't.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by stockcerts, Apr 16, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I'm getting error msgs, can't find variable Netpad. Anyone else having problems?

2. Ltnluv23 macrumors member

3. tool80 macrumors newbie

tool80

same issue here.. which stinks because i kinda liked the layout Friendly had going on.... For now, i think i'll be using "Friends with Benefits"

4. krisjon macrumors regular

They need to rename that app, "Bug Friendly."

5. ThanatosId macrumors regular

ThanatosId

Thanks Tool80!! That's awesome to hear!

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

This app has turned into a real disaster.

Don't mess with people's Facebook access. 1500+ 1 star ratings for the new version alone.

While I have defended Friendly's look and reliability in other treads here, I've given up now. Deleted.

They are charging money to do something you could do with safari for free.

7. Tedddman macrumors member

Yeah, I deleted Friendly too and will likely just use the mobile version of facebook's website for the foreseeable future. This is probably the #1 example of how a buggy update can completely kill an app's popularity.

8. JulianL macrumors 65816

Me too, but I think it might be something that Facebook changed on the website a couple of days ago. If you do get logged into Friendly now (a retry always gets me in OK), your disappointment is likely to continue because it looks nothing like it did, in fact it seems to drop back to just displaying the raw Facebook web page in an embedded browser screen.

Like other people here, I thought that Friendly had taken a huge step back in their latest UI so I downloaded a couple of other Facebook apps (MyPad and another that I seem to have deleted) and both looked exactly the same, they just displayed the Facebook web page in an embedded browser screen.

Right now I'm using the official iPhone Facebook app in 2x mode but I hope the custom Facebook apps can adapt to the change, or that Facebook come out with an official iPad version because for a clean uncluttered display and UI I actually like the official iPhone app the best.

Maybe Facebook are doing this deliberately to try and break third party apps? Might this mean that an official iPad app is on the way?

- Julian

9. dice1976 macrumors newbie

dice1976

WTF - how odd....

what was once a really nice beautiful way to look at FB on ipad it is no more-

I too am getting the dumb "netbook" error and when I log in it's no different that if i do it on safari or a browser...

i sure hope the developers fix this soon- otherwise, it's....

hold > wiggle > delete

10. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

Just had same problem.. Gonna delete until its fuxed

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Haven't gotten the error yet, but that's probably b/c I haven't used Friendly in days. I've found I really much prefer FlipBoard for FB access, even if its posting options are limited. I can always go to the actual webpage if needed for posting stuff.

12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Facebook changed the code behind the timeline. This will allow the real App to update without Apple approving every change.

13. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Bought Friends with Benefits. So far I like it!

14. Smoothness macrumors regular

Only reason i liked the app over safari was because it was secure. I culd enter a 4 digit code and not have to login everytime.