Friends, are my photos gone forever?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hunterhart, May 22, 2008.

1. hunterhart macrumors newbie

Hey friends, I need your help big-time.
    I recently uploaded my photos with my rebel XTI . I had 73 photos and only FIVE were saved into iphoto. Unfortunately, I clicked the "delete after importing button" anyway, i called canon customer service and they do not know whats going on, They said i'll have to get a CF card to see it their is any data left in the memory card.

Any suggestions?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

You're saying that iPhoto deleted the photos from your Canon's memory after uploading them? If that's so, you'll need software to undelete them. I'm not sure why Canon is saying you need a CF memory card.

Have you checked your Canon's memory to see if by chance the photos are still there? I know that even if I press delete when my Sony camera is attached unless I use the delete function from within the Sony, the photos remain in the camera's memory.

If the photos in fact were deleted from the camera, do not use the camera to take any more photos. Do a Google search for recovery software that can undelete from camera memory. Probably going to cost $$$. :(

Regards.