Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
My friend just got an iPhone 6 yesterday and he has a glass screen protector on it. It doesn't seem to interfere with the sensitivity but control center for example is hard to slide up. You have to slide up slightly diagonally, sliding up vertically as normal doesn't bring up control center very well. Any ideas? Is it the screen protector interfering? Any tips are much appreciated.

Ocellaris

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
Yes a screen protector can cause touchscreen issues. No it isn't normal, though I highly suspect your friend doesn't know what type of protector it is. Just take it off or deal with it.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Yes a screen protector can cause touchscreen issues. No it isn't normal, though I highly suspect your friend doesn't know what type of protector it is. Just take it off or deal with it.

It's a glass screen protector. I used it, phone seemed perfectly responsive, it just didn't work 100% right with swiping directions. Swiping up veritically wouldn't bring control center, you have to do it slightly diagonal.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
i have a glass screen protector and have no issue with my current one.

iph6_full_cover_glass_white_grande.jpg

I have had some issues with the one I had on previously - yep, pulling up control center. It was no big deal, but occasionally it wouldn't pull up until i shifted my swipe.

I never had any issues with the one i used on the 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.