Fring app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThugZilla, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ThugZilla macrumors regular

I have a 1G iPod touch and I am thinking about buying the iVoiceIII for it to use fring and shazam. Fring used to call phones from my iPod but now I have a problem. It says it is calling but the call never reaches. It used to work fine, but I tried to call my cell today, it said it was calling but never did. How can I fix this?

2. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

The 1g iPod touch doesn't support microphones, Do you have a VOIP service connected to your Fring app?

3. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

The iVoiceIII is supported by the 1G iPod touch it connects through the dock. And yes I do have VOIP service with it.

4. manram macrumors newbie

manram

Yes it does. When on 2.2 firmware. You just can't get audio line-in on the 1g iPod touch. Only on 2g iPod touch.

Which VoIP are you using?

5. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using VoipStunt.

6. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

7. manram macrumors newbie

manram

What error comes up?

Try to call your own home/cell phone, and make sure it works.

Remember: VoIP Stunt only has a 10 call limit, unless you register. And 1 minute a call.

8. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not getting an error, it shows the regular calling screen but it doesn't call. Also, I am registered.

9. manram macrumors newbie

manram

I don't know, I use VoIP Stunt as well, and I have never had this problem.

Double check your internet connection.

10. ThugZilla thread starter macrumors regular

Internet is good

11. manram macrumors newbie

manram

I have no idea then man. Sorry. Mine is working mine. Try deleting and reinstalling Fring, try restarting. I have no idea.

12. justan macrumors member

Use voipbuster! Its way better. I think theres a limit on how mnay times you call a day but not a limit on talking. Used it for 30+ minutes STRAIGHT. Worth the 5 mins it takes to sign up lol

13. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I don't understand what you mean. The previous poster said it doesn't support microphones then you say it does but you can't use a microphone. WTF? Do you mean it supports a microphone with an adapter?

14. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this. I believe he mentioned you have to connect a mic through the dock connector.

EDIT - Ahhh ok I get it, I didn't realize something like this would work with the 1G Touch...

iVoiceIII dock mic

[​IMG]

15. thornev macrumors member

I have a Touch 2G and the Belkin mic adapter that plugs into the docking port. With an audio recording app it works fine although the recorded volume was a bit low. Maybe it was the app; maybe it was the mic, I don't know. thorne