Fring for VOIP on 2g success stories

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iamtherealandy, Oct 26, 2008.

1. iamtherealandy macrumors newbie

I dove in and bought the 2g only after I saw that FRING was available for the 2g. There are a number of helpful videos out there showing people use the 2g for VOIP with Fring but none of them say where they got their mic.

What I'm hoping people will share in this thread would be success stories of using their 2g with VOIP and how they made it work.

I confess what I love about this idea with being able to make calls without another monthly phone bill.

So -- what luck have people had getting the ipod 2g to act just like a phone? How did you do it?

2. iamtherealandy thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

I bought the shure music phone adapter from the apple store. I used voip cheap at first but i switched. to another one after it didn't complete a few calls. just go down the list in the fring app where is says SIP from the Add-ons menu and sign up for one of the services it lists

keep in mind this isn't a phone. you don' have a number and therefore you can't get voicemail. you can get one if you pay for it but honestly its not worth it. stick with the free voip until wifi is as accessible as 3G

4. lozion macrumors regular

lozion

Anyone?
    I now have fring on my new touch and would like to use it with Skype...
    Any tips?
    txs,