FRING...on EDGE?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PACMAC, Apr 18, 2008.

1. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

fring is so neat....but is there a way to get it to work on EDGE..i looked it up on the fring web site and i looked at were it says how it works and say that works on 3G/EDGE/WIFI...i tried to use it on EDGE but just keeps say reconnecting..they say that more will come...dose it work on EDGE on other phones? or there will be a fix on EDGE for that it can be used on the iphone ..

2. dc5wannabe macrumors newbie

I am wondering the same thing. Unfortunately edge is down around my part of town so I can't use it to open safari, youtube...ect. I as soon as I can get a connection through edge I will see if I can run fring.

3. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

My Co-worker has it. He can make calls using skype, no problem.

i have it as well...but only use it for Gtalk.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I installed it at the weekend, today was the first time I was just on Edge rather than wifi, and it worked fine - just using it for IM on Yahoo and MSN. Not using it for voip calls, as I don't need to.

I will say, it seems like a great piece of software, the IM is very cool and does exactly what it claims !!!!!!!

5. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Not only does fring work on edge, but when you hit the home button, Fring runs in the background!! So my IMs pop-up instantly when they come in!