Fring to PC calling now that Skype isn't supported?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UCLAKoolman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

The latest Fring update is pretty amazing in that it lets us make video calls not only over 3G but to other devices such as my father's PC (via skype), my sister's 3GS (she has to stand in front of a mirror, but it works!), and my friend's android device.

However as of yesterday morning skype support was removed due to the high bandwidth usage presumably from all the iPhone users freaking out about the update (seems like a lot of people aren't having reception problems). So now I can't make an iPhone 4 to PC skype video call.

I understand that Fring mentioned in their blog that removing skype support is temporary, but I am travelling to Spain next week without my iPhone and was really hoping to be able to make a PC video call to my girlfriend's iPhone 4.

So, basically, does anyone know of a client other than skype that can be used to make a video call to a mobile Fring number? Thanks.

2. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yup. It gone on mine too.

3. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, so do we have any other options to make a Fring to PC video call?