Fring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

bloody awesome app on the iphone, hope it comes to the app store or the new iphone can be jainbroken so i can have it on my new phone.

anyone else use it?

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Has it stopped deleting your sms messages yet?

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Just reinstalled it a few weeks ago, and impressed with the development they've done. You can type when no signal - does it push those messages out when you are in signal? I enjoy how you can merge most IM lists - if it works on a N series small screen, i'd imagine it could be great on an iPhone - and an example of what you can do IM style.

4. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

hope it works better on the iphone then it did on my Motorola Q. It totally SUCKED on the Q, so I uninstalled it last week.

5. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i had no problems with the smsdelting or contacts getting deleted like other people claimed.

only problem i ever had with it was that it drained battery badly if left on all day. Also it lacked some of the features that other relseases for others phones have got. Like my friends can call over edge/3g which i think ios brilliant.

i emailed fring yesterday to enquire if they were going to release a version on the app store.