Fringe - TV Show - 2010 season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pilotError, Sep 24, 2010.

1. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I finally got around to watching the Season opener of Fringe.

Anyone else follow this now that LOST is no more?

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

I've followed it since the beginning. If you liked The X-Files, this is for you. There's a pretty comprehensive wiki for it too.

3. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I LOVE this show.
    That whole alternate universes storyline is awesome.

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Been watching Fringe from the beginning as well and have enjoyed the show and the characters. We'll see how this season works out. I just hope we don't "jump the shark" with this new storyline.

5. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

I've been watching from the beginning also. I love the "Alternate universe" stuff, but it can sideways quickly. Also looking forward to Eureka coming back next month. Apparently Canada needs to be, once again, way behind.

6. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

YES! I was just talking about this show in another thread.

When LOST ended, I had to find another show. Before LOST I never had a TV show that I HAD to watch.

Want to hear of an AMAZING show that didn't get very popular? "Person's Unknown". Only lasted for 1 seasons but it is probably the greatest undiscovered show, ever. If you liked LOST I think you will love this show. I have heard rumors that another network could pick show up though. The season finale was last month.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

2011 Season

So, what do you guys think of the current season? I fear the show is on it's last leg now that it's been moved to Friday nights here in the states. That's usually a sign that the end is near.

They sure threw a big curveball with the last episode. :eek:

8. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I don't know about that. Both Goldrush Alaska (now) and Ghost Whisperer did quite well on Fridays.

I think Fringe is at its best right now. While love triangles have been done before on TV, having Olivia compete against her other self for Peter makes for a very interesting show. Not only that, but I am starting to actually see the points of view from the alternate world, especially Olivia's point of view.

As long as the two worlds don't cross over too often, they can co-exist. It's not as if the other side is evil, just different. I hope that Olivia here gets over her jealousy and warms up to Peter, lest she lose him to Faux-livia. :)

Hollywood, in typical one hour show format, could string this along for a long time. Olivia could lose Peter, gain him back, and go on and on. Peter is from the other world, but largely more familiar with this world.

9. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Just finished Season 1 last week and now 10 eps into Season 2... loving it... wishing i had discovered it long ago!

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Another one here who has been watching it from the beginning. I am digging it. I just hope the move to Fridays doesn't kill it. I DVR it so I don't care what night it is on, I just want it to stay. I know there was talk about it going off the air after this season but that hasn't surfaced in a while.

11. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Add me to the list of watching since day one.

The Friday move makes me worried.

It's moved way too many times as is.

12. awmazz macrumors 65816

Halfway through season 3 myself now and just realized this is probably the only TV show ever to have two sets of opening credits at the same time.

I originally thought the red opening credits were just an updated version for the new season so it took me a while to register sometimes they still used the green credits as well and then I realized - the red credits are for the episodes set 'over there' and the green ones are for the episodes set 'over here'.

13. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

@awmazz, don't forget the retro credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I'm sorry for the size)

14. awmazz macrumors 65816

Oh wow, I must have missed that at the time as I recorded it so must have fast-forwarded through the credits. So that was episode 2:15. 'Peter'. Just looked at it again and even the opening location "US Army Research HQ 1985" is retro too.

15. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Fall 2011

Anyone still keeping up with this besides me?

I still think the show is well done and am enjoying the current season. John Noble seriously deserves an award for his work in the role of Walter.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- I love it so far. I don't want to give anything away though!

17. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Definitely agree about John Noble. He definitely deserves something.

Been watching it since Day 1, but find myself DVR'ing this and last season and watching it in "chunks" at a later time. Actually, just caught up with the new season this past weekend.

18. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Great show.

Lots of opening credits:

Blue - over here.
    Red - over there.
    Blue and Red - here AND there.
    Retro - 1985
    Black - Future
    Yellow - current, alternate timeline.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Fringe keeps getting better and weirder. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll say this for those of us who been keeping up- who do you think is behind the shapeshifters?

20. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but from the previews last week it would appear it's the bad guy that Peter killed in the original timeline. I do still really like the show, but the cancel rumors are out again. :(