Frist Gen Touch. Black Screen of doom

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godkos, May 25, 2009.

1. godkos macrumors newbie

Please dont ask why i called it the black screen of doom, or whatever

so. im new here and i thought maybe someone can help me becuase im not paying apple to help me

so. the problume is i was one of the many people to get an ipod touch

i had it for 3 monthes (yes i jail broke it) And then i woke up about 4 monthes ago to find that when i touched my screen it was allmost as dark as when it is off but i can barely see the slide to unlock button but i cant slide it, like it's off but then i try rebooting it, by holding the power and home butten and it will pop with a pulg and the itunes symbol and when i hold down the power button in that screen i can slide the power button back and fourth, so. when i plug it into itunes it says to restore it. so i did and it comes up with a blank white screen.

I can't win when it's on it has the black screen of doom, like i can see all the icon's just can't slide to unlock it
    when it's off it has the white screen of doom

please help

2. orangeillini14 macrumors regular

Never heard of that problem before... maybe it's time to take it to your nearest Apple store of doom. :eek:

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You need to hold down the sleep/home button until it reboots. If that doesn't work then put the device into DFU mode and do a restore in iTunes.