from 15 Late 2008 to 13 Mid 2010 - Logic/DW

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DarkVinda, Feb 4, 2011.

1. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

Well the insurance company decide my late 2008 unibody was beyond economical repair and issued me with a gift voucher for comet so off i went to the local store and picked up a 13" model...

no where had stock of the 15"

going from a bruised battered but loved 15" to a brand spanker shiny 13" hasnt affected me at all...dont really miss the real estate on screen...but not got logic running yet - but the apple store said it'd be fine as they have a few ppl that run it from 13's...

anyone out there running it on a 13" - i aint a music master just getting into it really.

and other things i'll be running is Dreamweaver and photoshop thats it really...

anyone out there think of any snags i might come across????????

Cheers in advance

Vinda

2. the-ep macrumors member

I run Logic on a mid-2009 13", and from my experience, it works rather well.

My biggest complaint is that it is hard to use Logic on the small screen. Logic Pro is tolerable and can be easily managed, but Mainstage, from what I have heard, is not as friendly.
    I recommend getting an external monitor, 8GB RAM (third-party), and (if recording is a concern) a FW or USB audio interface due to the lack of dedicated Audio In port on the 13" model.

3. DarkVinda thread starter macrumors regular

DarkVinda

while out and about i can cope with it - and at home can mini display --> hdmi into my 42" plasma so i have the best of both worlds...

yeah already been looking into 8gb setup...

ta

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Logic is cramped on my 13" macbook. I use an external display most of the time, however -- so it's a non-issue.

5. DarkVinda thread starter macrumors regular

DarkVinda

well think the only way to truely check is crank up the discs...

im not bothered as i wont be using it mainly on the 13" just when out and about and wanna fiddle...

42" is the most use

cheers all for your help

Vinda

6. RKpro macrumors 6502

What did you do to bruise and batter your late 2008 15"?
    I have the same machine, I'm not ocd, but it still looks and feels like new. I wouldn't even give it up for a new 15", I like my express card slot.

7. DarkVinda thread starter macrumors regular

DarkVinda

it took a tumble off my dining room table onto a tiled floor :(

snapped right hinge(to the point of screen falling away from body), dent in front left unibody top section, faint white banding down screen when its all black, but powered on!

i was devostated :(