From 16GB to 64GB iPad 3! YAY!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CandyNJ66, Apr 30, 2012.

1. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Yes!! One of the Apple Stores in NYC made an exception for me because I was beyond 14 days and allowed me to exchange my Black 16GB Wifi iPad 3 for a 64GB version Wifi! They only had White which was fine with me. The first one I opened up had like 4 dead pixels but the second has 2 tiny ones. I may decide to exchange but for now I don't notice them at all.

I got so tired of watching how many large Retina optimized games or just huge games period I could download. I was down to 1GB! I also kept having to delete apps I didn't use. Now, I can relax and download without worry since I never filled my iphone 4S 64GB either. I'm so blessed to have the 64GB! :D:)

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I did this over the weekend of the release. AT&T 16GB to VZW 64GB. Now, in hindsight I could have just went to 32GB. But, always great to have recreational stuff like movies that I can watch whenever.

3. felixgun macrumors member

What kind of apps are you getting to have to keep deleting them? I have a 32GB iPad 2 and i'm not even close to running out of space...

4. CandyNJ66 thread starter macrumors regular

Large apps like 500 MB to over 1 gig, some are Retina optimized so, that adds more space. I noticed the app size in the app store, is often quite different after its downloaded. The size expands.

5. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

Also, dont forget you can recover a great deal of the difference in re-sale. Its worth the investment if you like to carry around a lot of media.

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I wanted a 64GB iPad but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that extra dough, especially considering I want 4G, so I would've been spending close to $1000. However, if in the next iPad upgrade, they have 128GB version, I just may splurge and get that.

But congrats on yours though, hope you enjoy!

7. urkel macrumors 68030

That's not actually true. The resale difference in 16 vs 32 vs 64 vs 3G have always been very very close considering the retail price jumps.

But that said, getting larger capacity definitely is worth it on a personal level. I was happy with 32GB on both 1st and 2nd gen but 3rd gen I went 64 and it's like moving from an apartment to a house. I'm no longer juggling media files to fit or worrying about app sizes... so far.. I do feel that next gen a 128gb will be necessary because now that I'm encoding HD then movie files are huge and I can see myself hitting that storage wall again.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The larger capacity is definitely worth it and I would have gotten a 128GB model if it had been available. Even with the 64GB I only have 14GB left. It's great to not have to manage the music, movies, books and apps as closely as one would on a model with less capacity.

9. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Agreed. I look forward to Moore's law giving us 2TB in an iPad some day :)

I use Dropbox/dropDAV and iWork to provide seamless round tripping of files and a "file system" on my iPad, and I'm a fan of the cloud, more or less, but there's no substitute for seamless local storage.

10. gtmac macrumors 6502a

My 2 and 3 have both been 64 gig because I like storing whatever I want and wouldn't be happy to run out of space.

11. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

I was able to get an open box from BB for $663 64gb vw 4g. Me luvs it:D it was absolutely mint, looked like it hadn't been touched. All I did was purchase a $5 sim off eBay, and was good to go. Love having the extra space as I hardy ever sink my iPad. My 2 was a 64 also so it was an easy decision for me. Congrats on your purchase.

12. G0rd0n1988 macrumors newbie

16 is too limited

16 is not the way to go. I took a bunch of pictures from vacation, then used iphoto to edit. I realized later that it makes a new picture, so each picture takes up double the space. very time consuming since I did have a chance to upload my pictures onto the net.

13. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I wondered whether 32 or 64, I went for 32 and I've got over 60 games, some as much as 2gb, and many over 1gb, and I've only used roughly 17Gb