From 4S to 5S? Good choice or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AGX, Jan 7, 2016.

1. AGX macrumors regular

Oct 12, 2014

actually i have an iPhone 4s 16gb, it's a little slow and old, but is perfect as the first day that i have bought.

Now i received a very good offer, a new iPhone 5s 16 gb, near 350 Eur, do you think that is a good upgrade respect to my 4s or is better to wait and go with 6? (the phone is free from contract, no subscription)

2. Realistiic macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2012
    I loved my 5s so yeah this is a good upgrade if the price is right but... If you can afford it you would be better going with the 6 as it will be more future proof.
  3. AGX thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 12, 2014
    Here, the iphone 6 cost near to 650 euro, and the 5s have a very good offer at 350... i think that this is a very good occasion to upgrade and return to Apple and abandon android and lumia... that they don't make me very happy.
  4. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Sep 24, 2012
    Still using the 5S myself. That generation had a huge increase in single core CPU speed and as a result it's still quite fast. In fact its single core Geekbench score is notably higher than any current-gen Android competition. Very small screen by modern standards, but if that's not a problem it should still be a solid device.
  5. AGX thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 12, 2014
  6. viperGTS macrumors 68000

Nov 15, 2010
    5s and 6 are nearly the same inside, so for futureproofing I would suggest a 6s. 5s is still a great phone though.