From 6 Plus...To 6s...To 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Runningman84, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Runningman84 macrumors newbie

Hey guys and gals!

I bought the new 6s yesterday, and while it's an awesome phone, I'm starting to miss my 6 Plus (which I loved). I decided to go with the 6s so it would feel like a new phone, but it feels so small compared to the 6 Plus!

Right now, my preference is with the 6 Plus, but I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Did you return the smaller phone and go with the 6s Plus? Should I give it a little more time before giving up on it?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks everyone,

Nick

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Went from grey 6+ to silver 6S. I'm loving how much lighter and smaller it is. It's so compact to carry around. I have no problem leaving it in my pants pocket all day. Previously I had to take my 6+ out of my pocket every time I sat down.

Screen size is smaller, but some app content actually looks better as they are built for the 4.7" format.

3. andy9l macrumors 68000

I did the reverse of what you're proposing – ie. iPhone 6 -> 6s Plus -> 6s.

The 6s Plus was too big for what I'm used to being able to do with a one-handed device. It sounds like the 6s is too small for what you're used to being able to do?

Give it as much time as you can within your 14 day window - but remember to leave enough time to get a reservation for a Plus. I was told yesterday at Regent Street that the 6s Plus is in short supply compared to the 6s.

FWIW, if my lifestyle suited the Plus, I'd definitely have it. The screen is brilliant and it's always nice to have a better camera. For now, though, I feel my 6s is the perfect 'on-the-go' device and my 12" rMB is for the couch.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I agree 100%, only that I have an iPad Air 2 instead for the couch. My MacBook is reserved for the desks.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Do you have an Ipad or MBP?

My Mini 4 is the reason I went from the 6 Plus to a 6s. Now I have a smartphone and tablet, the larger Iphone is too cumbersome to handle and with its overall size and heft, uncomfortable to carry around when not in use.

6. Nelliebee macrumors regular

Nelliebee

I also went from 6+ to 6s and I completely regret it! Right now I have a 6s+ on backorder with Verizon. I have to wait a few weeks because I really want the rose gold, I am going to give my 6s to my sister when the 6s+ finally arrives.

7. darrinS macrumors 6502

I went from the 6+ to the 6s. I too initially felt like I made a mistake. The difference in size takes some adjusting. But, I just love being able to hold in one hand and fit comfortably in my pocket. I was taking some pictures today, one handed, and I realized that the 6s is really the perfect size for a phone (for me).

My iPad Air is now getting some use again. I didn't use it much when I had the 6+.

8. Runningman84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I'll give it a few more days :) I have a laptop that I use, but the majority of my time is spent on my phone. I guess I would rather have a laptop instead of a tablet, because they tend to be too big to do the same things I do on my phone. I guess that's why the 6+ was perfect for me!

But the 6s feels like a new phone and I can appreciate the size and portability of it. I'll just wait another week and make my final decision!

9. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

@OP Go with a different color for the 6s plus if you really miss it and want it to feel like a new phone.

10. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I think you should trust yourself and not worry about what others think! Make the switch or end up regretting it for the rest of your time with this phone.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Hmmmmm you got a smaller phone... one you admit you didn't like as much as another because you wanted it to "feel like a new phone"..... a new 6s+ wouldn't feel like a new phone?
    Hmmmm do you really want me to tell you what I think?
    I'd get in trouble if I did that so keep the smaller phone.... you deserve one another.

12. Macalway macrumors 68020

If the reason you changed was simply for change itself, then there's going to be some regret, without a compelling reason.

Just make up some compelling reason.

Here's a few: It fits in your pants pocket; It's easier to hold; It feels better; Your less likely to drop it.

13. Macalway macrumors 68020

Man you are a ( getting in trouble comment goes here)

14. james-jones macrumors member

james-jones

Battery life would be a huge loss moving from a 6+ to 6S...

15. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

These threads are stupid and plenty on this forum. Make up your own damn mind.

16. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

These were the exact reasons I'm going from the 6+ to the 6S. Constantly taking it in and out of my pockets and having to carry it in my hand which is how phones get dropped.

17. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

My battery is shocking moving from the 6plus to the 6s. I thought I would get at least half! image.png

18. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

What % are you getting compared to your 6+?

19. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Logical sensible person that purchases things because they suite my needs and not because of some silly idea of wanting it to be "new" to me? Well thanks for the compliment!

What clothes are you wearing that you need to remove the phone from your pocket to sit? I have no pants or shorts that the phone won't comfortably fit in while doing any number of activities. I suppose if you're a female I can understand... didn't dig into your profile.

What! Nooooooo, come on now...... you don't expect an adult to make their own decisions when spending their own hard earned cash now do you? This is 2015 where no one can make a decision without the approval and input from their pals on the web.