From 6+ to 6 or 6S - battery concerns

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcociccone, Sep 23, 2015.

1. marcociccone macrumors member

Hi guys, I'm considering switching from a 6+ to a 6 or 6S and I have some concerns about battery life. I would defo choose a 6S because I feel the 6+ too big for me, but only if I can manage the whole day without needing to plugging it at 3 or 4pm as I did with my old 4S.

I consider myself a moderate user. I've optimized my 6+ settings: 3G, WiFi and BT always on. Auto brightness on. Handsoff on. Background app refresh off.
    1 mail in push and another fetch every hour. Location services off except for 3-4 apps: weather, maps, transit app and messages as I share my location sometimes.

I use my 6+ while commuting and sometimes at night. 3 hours of music (only local, not streaming, over bluetooth earbuds), checking facebook and linkedin, 1 hour of surfing on safari or some travel app with locations off, few minutes to check maps or transit apps.

During the rest of the day I use it mostly to check and reply emails, messages or whatsapp. No video or videogames as I use my iPad for that.

I end up a typical day of use with 70%-60% of battery. Recharging my smartphone every night is not a problem for me, that's why I'm considering a 6S. Recharging it at 3 or 4pm, as I did with my 4S, is. I'm now trying to gather some information about iPhone 6 battery life, if we assume 6S will have the same battery life. If it can end my typical day with 20-30% I will switch. What should I expect with my usage in your opinion?

2. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

The 6 Plus has phenomenal battery life. I had a launch 6 and sold it a month after because I'd run it down. Wouldn't get a full day out of my 6 but my plus can go for a day and a half of heavy usage and 2 for light usage. If you simply can't take the 6 plus size I'd get a 6S and just keep a charger or cheap external battery in case you need to charge. I think you'll be fine. I still think the 6 is a solid size.

3. marcociccone thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I can actually do 2.5 days with my plus so I think my usage is much moderate than yours. Anyone else went to a 6+ from a 6? Any thoughts?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you had 60-70% left on your 6+ the 6s should be just fine.

5. Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Just get a battery pack. I got an Anker last year from Amazon, the thing is the size of a lipstick tube and so light and portable AND cheap. That is batting 1000! No worries.

7. Akack macrumors 6502a

+1 You should be fine with the 6 or 6S lasting your entire day until you have to charge it before you go to bed.

At initial launch bought both 6 and 6+ and for my usage I got an extra 1-1.5 hours of usage time on the 6+. I usually get ~ 8-9 hours of usage time on my 6