From 7 to 8 or from 8 to 9 the Booting Loop reigns supreme!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jakey74, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Jakey74 macrumors newbie

A relative (who isn't computer literate) updated her ipad from ios7 to 8 because one of her apps required the newer ios. The update put her machine in a booting loop.

I put her ipad in DFU mode and cable connected it to a computer running itunes. Itunes said that we had two options to upgrade to ios 9 or restore to the factory setting (losing all the stored data). I chose to update to ios 9 only to find that the ipad went into the same booting loop problem.

What a dreadful, dreadful company Apple is for putting these updates out that put machines into booting loops!

The booting Loop:

Ipad boots appear to go through 1/4 of update bar, then clears to the "swipe to update" screen, and so on and so on ad infinitum.

I suppose expecting Apple to come up with an update that can break this booting loop is like wishing pigs could fly!?

2. Jakey74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolution at last. Updated to 9.01 and it worked. Got some message about needing to log in due to iClould, normally I ignored this as I don't use iCloud, anyhow logged in the the update when through without a hitch.