From a former iPhone user now S3 user I can't wait to get another iPhone ios7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by underblu, Jun 11, 2013.

1. underblu macrumors regular

Despite having a MBP, iPad, I left my iPhone for a S3 because the long 4" screen is absolutely unacceptable to me. And please if any fanboys tell me its the perfect size for one handed operation I'm going to throw-up in my mouth.

Apple is a pretty big company I'm sure they can make iPhones in 2 or 3 sizes. 100 million people + like bigger phones. Many of them would be iPhone users if Apple offered a 4.8"-5" phone

With that said, having spent 6 months with Android Jellybean, I can tell you it's a mess. Yeah it has some nice features, most notably the dedicated back button and menu button is great but having many different texting programs or music app programs none of which are is elegant and as easy to use as those in IOS is no great bargain.

I'm glad Apple decided not to turn IOS into kitchen sink software and keep the simple minimalist elegant approach to designing their mobile OS.

Now if they can just offer a phone with a grown up screen for browsing the web it will be all good.

2. 617aircav Suspended

3. toondw macrumors 6502

i left apple ios 6 months ago and joined android. nexus 4.

i disagree android is a mess, you can do what you want with it....

however,

ios7 is enough to get me coming back. Even go to white as ios 7 suits the white phone

4. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

The iPhone is the perfect size for one-handed operation (try not to aspirate).

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I would never post something as grammatically incorrect as "its the perfect size for one handed operation". However...

It's the perfect size for one-handed operation. I went for about a year-and-a-half with Android phones ranging in size from S3 to Nexus 4, and I absolutely hated how huge the screens were after a while. I have slight carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and navigating the larger screen with a thumb was almost painful for me sometimes. On the iPhone 5, no problem and I am supremely happy with it.

I don't care if Apple decides to make an iPhone with a bigger screen to cater to the kids as long as they also remember folks like me and many others here who don't want a bigger screen and are happy with the iPhone 5.

By the way, Jelly Bean is far from a mess; there's a lot of great things to be said about Android. Their notification system is hands down the best on the market; we'll see if iOS 7 has improved things but that is the one killer feature I miss about Android. Overall I prefer iOS, but Jelly Bean is not bad by any stretch.