From a story on Foxnews.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parrothead001, Jun 22, 2010.

1. parrothead001 macrumors newbie

This is a quote from a story on Foxnews.com..

"Apple is clearly worried about the competition. In an unprecedented move, the company moved up the delivery date for some pre-ordered phones to this Wednesday, rather than Thursday as planned. Undoubtedly, it's a moved designed to steal some thunder from the Verizon / Motorola announcement -- which had been intentionally planned for the day before Apple's phone shipped."

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/06/22/choices-smart-phone-google-droid-iphone/?test=latestnews

2. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Haha!

Even better that its nice to be in a position to do that :D

3. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I'm sure Steve is shaking in his boots... looks like the iPhone 4 is barely selling at all in this crazy competitive environment.

What a flop of a launch... might as well go get in the crazy huge lines for the Droid X :cool:

5. Centient macrumors 6502

6. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yeah, **** FoxNews. It would be true if it was on MSNBC, right?

7. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Wow, and I'm sure everyone was going to refuse their iPhone4 shipment and run to the Verizon store get a DroidX :D

8. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

why do people have to do this? I guess I can say CNN...nough said. :rolleyes:

9. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I didn't know it was a "competition". iPhone totally owns.

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I guess the absolute disaster known as AT&T played no part in Apple's decision, eh Fox?

11. klitorisaurus macrumors member

Leave it to Fox to make news where there isn't any. How would early deliveries have ANY effect on the announcement or vice versa? The people receiving the phone are already Apple customers, they've already bought the phone. And if the announcement makes them want a refund, they can still get it, regardless of whether they got it on the 22rd or the 24th.

12. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Because when I want hard hitting, fact checked news that isn't just some crazy speculation of why something is happening, by ignoring the reasonable answer, I turn to Fox News. Seriously, Apple splitting the two days in half to activate ~1Million iPhones, thus causing less server load each day isn't hard hitting news. No, Apple is instead afraid of a phone that probably wont sell as many devices in its lifetime than Apple has sold in a day.

13. kodek macrumors member

While it's true that those who got the phones are already Apple customers, delivering some phones early could be a form of advertising. They're letting those users speak about the iPhone, stealing the thunder away from competitors. Positive reviews from these users could very well convince people who haven't yet made a decision about which phone to get.

I don't think Apple did it on purpose, though. If they had, they would be advertising the early delivery more publicly.