iPad mini From an iPad 3 user

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dasx, Mar 30, 2013.

1. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I owned an original iPad and switched to an iPad 3 on the launch day. Couldn't be happier.

When I saw the announcement of the Mini I was like "seriously? lol", and kept thinking that way even after going to the store to check it out.

BUT.

My girlfriend got herself one two weeks ago. Hadn't really got a chance to use it since these last 3 days, which I've been using 24/7. It's amazing. So incredible. I LOVE IT. Being able to hold it with just one hand for no matter how long and in any position is great.

I had though about getting a Mini when this iPad 3 felt slow and/or old, but now I'm positive. I'm definitely getting a Mini. I might not even wait until this current iPad 3 feels outdated. It's a 64GB model so I could sell it and not even have to put 1€ from my pocket to get the Mini.

As a huge disadvantage, the screen. I'll do it as soon as it gets a retina display. Yes, one might think it's not a big deal but after using the iPad 3 for one year and more than that with an iPhone 4S… That not retina screen looks blurry. Period.

2. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

the iPad Mini will be just as slow as your iPad 3 - same processor only that the iPad 3 has the A5X to handle the Retina screen

but i agree, the Mini's weight (or lack there of) makes it so easy to read digital magazines and books

3. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

Well. I'm getting one as soon as it gets retina, therefore I assume it'll be a much faster one than the actual Mini.

That being said, I don't really care about the graphics capabilities. I don't really play games in my iPad, and if so they're Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies or Unblock me. That kind of games. So I don't need an A6 to run them.

My main concern about the Retina Mini -assuming it'll see the light this year- is its weight, thickness and battery life. (More, more and less that is).