From an ipod to a fancy paper weight

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Munkybuizzness, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Munkybuizzness macrumors newbie

Hiya,
    So I Recently Purchased an ipod touch 4 th Gen and smashed the screen within a month. Fortunately I have a good amount of experience with replacing phone and ipod touch screens so I decided to do it with this one. Upon completing the screen installation I tried turning it on, and got nothing. I figured I must have done something wrong with the new screen, I did not. The old screen made no difference, the computer does not even register it as anything (yes I tried a new cable, a different usb port, reinstalling itunes, and restarting the computer. All to no avail.) I have literally tried everything, (hard resetting, dfu mode) it will not even give me an apple logo.
    Two things should be said. Primarily, I reinstalled the screen flawlessly, I have anti static gear and ive done this countless times. I have never experienced this severe of a problem. Secondly, I noted that my water detector strip is pink, and seeing as I purchased this off ebay it is understandable. But the ipod worked perfectly for months on end (I used it with the shattered screen for several months) . So I challenge you guys, does anyone have any crazy ideas about what my problem may be and or how to fix it? Cuz I can't afford to lose this ipod lol

2. BreadedVirus macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en_US) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds like it is a fancy paper weight....

3. TheKingOfHearts macrumors newbie

Take it to an Apple store if its still under warranty? If you've done your screen replacement right they shouldn't be able to tell, and considering they dole out replacements for very little, it's worth a try.

4. imswimmin macrumors regular

I agree about checking warranty. If not, did you open it up to check that everything was installed properly?

5. Munkybuizzness thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC 4G Build/5.5.1_84_DBN-71) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I replaced the screen with a white one but I could just reinstall the cracked one and use that instead. But doesn't the water marker void my warranty anyways? And as far as I can tell it's all in order inside, although I didn't dig deeper that as far as I had to go for the screen replacement.