From Android to iOS

Discussion in 'iPad' started by merkajoe, Apr 23, 2012.

1. merkajoe macrumors newbie

Hey guys, die-hard Android fan here -- or at least, formerly considered. I just made the switch over and purchased the new 64GB White iPad, and boy, am I glad I ever did. Previously, I was a "proud" owner of Asus's Transformer Prime. I made every possibility to support Asus and their unit, but unfortunately, I couldn't bother with the amount of problems I had: random reboots, lock-ups, and poor signals for both WiFi and GPS. Asus had released numerous of firmware updates in hopes to resolve these issues to no avail.

When I fired up my iPad for the first time, I felt as if I entered the door to a whole new world. The stability, smoothness, and screen quality of this iPad engulfed me in a technological bliss. I'm glad I made the move over, and will definitely be staying with the dominant part of the market for the time to come.

Now, onto the search for a case. I've already got Zagg's InvisibleShield HD installed.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Glad that you actually give merit to good products instead of hating Apple ideologically. :)

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You will find IOS a lot "snappier" welcome aboard..:) As for cases, well the list is endless...I always seem to buy two before I get the one I want...I have a rear shell, and at the moment a Targus offering, but I'm not happy with it...Am probably going to get the new kavaj "Londoner" but there are many to choose from!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/KAVAJ-leath...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335230284&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Whichever you choose, enjoy your new iPad.

5. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

6. kiantech macrumors regular

I came from the transformer prime too, as with you the random reboots got too annoying. Love this screen!

7. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Sounds like you had a bad unit. I love both my Prime and iPad. Each has one thing over the other that I can't live without.

8. taedouni macrumors 65816

I commend you on trying other products. I recently tried out the galaxy nexus and HTC rezound but ended up going back to an iPhone.

9. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

10. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Congrats on a great buy! Wish I could afford a 64GB one :p

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Isn't the first Apple experience just great? My first Apple product was a iPhone 3S and I just couldn't get enough of it. I was coming from a Blackberry. I see the complaints in these forums and I can report, i've had no such issues. I've been totally happy with my iPhones, iPads and MacBook Pro. Other than a couple of glitches when updating software, I've had no issues. The quality of my hardware has been perfect and the products "just work" and "just work" for a long time. All of my Apple products are still in use.

My experience with other non-apple products, especially phones, was that they would just barely make it to the end of a 2 year contract.

So just enjoy!

12. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Why pick sides when you can have best of both worlds :)

Cyanogen do good mods for the devices they support.

13. iCole macrumors regular

The only three things I keep missing in iOS compared to android are the lack of interaction between apps, some form of file system and swype. .

14. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

A new recruit!! Actually, I've seen a lot of Android users switching to iOS for some reason lately. Congrats on switching to a true tablet OS with true tablet apps.

As far as cases, I REALLY like the Belkin stuff for both my iPhone and iPad. For iPad specifically, the SnapShield is really nice.