From anti-glare to glossy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BAMtech, Jun 1, 2013.

1. BAMtech macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2009 15" Macbook Pro with a broken anti glare display. I know it is possible to replace it with a glossy display (mostly for cost and availability reasons) but my question is this: What do I do about bluetooth, since only the anti glare display comes with the cable for the bluetooth card inside the bottom case. I am also aware that I can remove the housing and put in whatever cable I need, but I would rather not have to deal with removing and resealing adhesive if I can avoid it. If anyone has a solution to this, please please let me know. Thanks.

2. BAMtech thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ericp99 macrumors newbie

As long as you leave the bluetooth card currently connected, why would it matter that the new display has a bluetooth card? Couldn't you just leave it not connected? I don't know this as a fact, it just seems like you could do that. By the way, looking at the display cost, I'm not sure how cost-effective it will be to replace the display of a 2009 laptop.http://www.ifixit.com/MacBook-Parts/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Unibody-Mid-2009-Display-Assembly/IF161-029 If you don't need the portability, you could always pick up a cheap monitor off Newegg.

4. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Worth a seriosu look.. I think..

I cannot speak AT ALL on their Quality of Work, but I did read something about them once and saved a Link because of it.. Might be worth a try at least, as pricing is NOT ridiculous vs. Apple Repair which was over $900 (mine was AppleCare) on my 2007 that died!! Good Luck :apple:

http://www.dttservice.com/macbookpro.html

5. BAMtech thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I guess what I meant was...

I currently have the anti glare display which has the cable for the bluetooth coming out with the camera cable and connecting inside the case near the hinges. Macbook Pros that came with the glossy display dont have this bluetooth card in that location. Do they not have bluetooth functionality at all? Or do they have the bluetooth somewhere else.

If I were to change my entire display assembly to a glossy one, and since the glossy one doesn't have that extra cable for the bluetooth card, would I be without bluetooth? I can not find info on this anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

6. 1macmonkey macrumors newbie

give it some thought

Have you worked with the new glossy display? It's much shinier than the old glossy, I had it for three days then upgraded because all I could see was my reflection every time the screen was anything but white. I know you have cost and availability considerations, but to me, in the long run, glossy is a mistake, especially if you're accustomed to anti-glare.