From "dangerously" to "fantasyland"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by caubeck, Nov 26, 2010.

1. caubeck, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010

caubeck macrumors 6502

I was tapping out the word "dangerously" on the iPad (4.2.1) when it mysteriously offered me the word "fantasyland" when I reached the last couple of letters. Now, I know I have never said or written the word "fantasyland" in my life but a few words away was a sentence containing "dream" and "imagined."

I haven't been able to reproduce the automatic suggestion, but is there any way the autocorrector detects nearby words and makes an educated guess?

Edit: I can't reproduce it even by resetting the dictionary. It must have been a strange fluke.

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Yeah I've had some brilliant changes too lol. That one takes the cake though, could have been funny if you'd not noticed and changed it :D

3. bentrider macrumors member

My favorite was actually on the iPhone. I txted my friend the word "rideable" and it changed it to "Roseanne". Which is really the least rideable thing on the planet. (That's an actual joke in my stand-up now.)

Another favorite is when I tried to txt "Grrrrrrrr" to my girlfriend and just as I hit send it changed it to "Ferret". The word "Ferret" has now become a regularly used explicative around our house.

4. crh3ff, Nov 26, 2010

crh3ff macrumors member

awesome. just. f_ing. awesome. There should be a website of these...

5. Kauai macrumors 6502a

I was texting a friend to have fun iceskating and it changed it to oceanfront? :p

Not really comedic but you gotta wonder why...

6. MacbookAlum1536, Nov 26, 2010

MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

Actually there is a site link

7. trillville macrumors newbie

Haha, actually, there is...
    link

8. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

*dies laughing at that page* OMG that totally made my day :D