From doubter to convert!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by woland8816, Nov 22, 2015.

1. woland8816 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Hopefully this helps those on the fence. I was really reticent about buying this machine, but found one on eBay in great shape and decided to give it a try.

So happy I did. I got the base model (1.1, 256gig) in space grey, and it looks awesome.

I use the computer mainly for business, I run a consulting firm in New York City, and that involves a whole lot of Microsoft office, pdfs, and web browsing. I should also point out that it involves a lot of travel (including local travel) as well.

Not only have never had a performance issue whatsoever. In fact, the battery life has been surprisingly good -- I average about six hours of heavy use (practically no sleep). On most days, I charge it overnight and then when I get home around 7:00 PM I have about 30% left.

This coming from a 2013 retina macbook pro 13".

As to the single port issue, it's actually never been a problem. I bought this handy adapter:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015Z7XE0A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

And the reality is that I didn't really use the ports I had all that much.

Once I realized that what this computers drawbacks were actually not applicable to my day-to-day life, I never thought about what's missing.

Instead, I now have the lightest and in some ways the best Mac I've ever owned. I may be in the minority but the keyboard is great. This is especially true if you touch-type.

This machine is so much better in the real world (at least my real world) than it is on paper, I encourage everyone who is put off by the port issue, battery life and theoretical performance to give it a try. The only downside is that now everyone who works at the firm wants one, and that's definitely not in our IT budget for the year.

2. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

Haha that last part was awesome. It's a wonderful machine. Are you running El Capitan?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I gave you a thumbs up because I fully agree with your assessment. It is a jewel of a laptop. My only negative: The trackpad.

5. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

It's equally as good in OSX or Windows 10 (via bootcamp) enjoy :)

6. Sunil_k macrumors newbie

Sunil_k

Its been almost 2 weeks since i purchased mine and i love it! No regrets at all. Its perfect for my needs and as far as ports are concerned, i got the multiport one which i can attach it to my external monitor.