From Ebay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kinkade, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Kinkade macrumors member

I was finally ready to make the leap, and figured ebay was the best way to save gobs of cash. Found a great deal on an iMac, but was bothered by the pictures of the item.

Seller claimed it was a 2.0 core 2 duo, but the pictures don’t show the isight. I thought the isight was supposed to be clearly visible as a small black rectangle on the top. Is he trying to pass off a G5 or is the isight just not visible in the picture. I asked the seller why it wasn’t visible and he said it is there.

Or did I miss out on a great deal on an iMac?

Attached Files:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

That iMac has no built-in isight. It also has an old style apple mouse. All core 2 duo's would have shipped with a mighty mouse.

3. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

There should be an iSight and there isn't. A non-iSight iMac goes back a couple of years now (I think)

4. showtime macrumors 6502

All core 2 duo imac's have built in isight. From that picture it is obvious that it doesn't have isight so it's probably an older model.

5. mwp98223 macrumors 6502

I can't be sure, but the picture of the documentation may also be a give-away. I just purchased an iMac and the software disks are a light grey/blue color and come in a white sleeve. The documentation is about the size of a CD cover and is all white. The picture shows a black X disk and larger dark book.

Maybe someone that sees more of this can confirm if there was a change like this.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's an iMac G5, like mine which makes it around 2 years old.

7. valiar macrumors regular

And an early revision of the G5 iMac at that.
    Initially they did not come with iSight.
    It is not necessarily a bad computer - but everything depends on the price, of course :)

8. Mundy macrumors regular

It's more likely you avoided a subtle scam. Most "switchers" who are tired of the Windows experience and want a computer that "just works" (i.e. the average consumer) won't know the difference. Glad you caught it.