From Entourage to Mail, Address Book, iCal...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by asherman13, Aug 10, 2007.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Hey all,

So my Mom has been using Microsoft Entourage (part of Office 2004 for Mac) for pretty much the whole time we've had our family iMac G4. I want her to start switching to using Mail, Address Book, iCal, etc. because they're just so much better, but she always complains that she would have to manually move all of her addresses, saved e-mails, folders, and other information into each application.

How would she (or I) be able to automate this process so that she can finally stop using anything made in Redmond?

Thanks very much, looking forward to a reply! :)

2. maxmax macrumors member

you can import your mailbox from entourage to mail under file - import mailboxes. i believe entourage has to be open during the process. i was also able to move my address book. i don't remember exactly but i think i could export it as a comma separated values and address book was able to import it.

3. asherman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Can you tell me what exactly that imports into Mail?

4. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I just did that myself. To answer your question it will do all of entourage mail you can pick and choose which folders you want copied over to Mail. It goes into a folder called imported. Within that folder is the same folder and subfolder set up you have laid out in Entourage