From i6 to Plus to back to 6 to Plus again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatJohann, May 29, 2015.

1. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

Hear me out, sounds crazy. I got the space gray iphone 6 at launch, then switched over to the Plus 2 weeks into it because I always wanted a bigger phone. After a week of the Plus, i felt i couldnt handle how big it was and couldnt operate well one-handed so went back and got the 6 in silver this time.

now, i have this crazy craving to get the Plus in space gray. Am I crazy for switching so much?

anyone has switched multiple times? what did you end up with?

2. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I did. It's a sickness. I settled in with the six. Plus is awesome but end of day just too heavy for me.

3. rugmankc, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015

rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Sounds like a discarded title from the Hobbit---

"There and Back Again"

;):):)

4. af21187 Suspended

I did the exact same thing with just about the exact same timeframes. Nothing wrong with giving the other size a shot.

And guess what....I want a Plus again. But I am sticking with the 6 because I know what will end up happening if I get a Plus....been there done that.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

I started with the 6 plus, swapped it for a 6 because coming from a 5s, the 6 plus felt too big. Switched carriers and got a plus again and this time I love it. Couldn't go back to the 6 now. Plus feels normal after about two weeks.

6. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I bought the 6 then bought a plus 2 months later and took it back. 3 months later exchanged with a guy on CL for his iPhone 6+ and ever looked back the second time

Had the plus for 3 months and love it - size is not overwhelming anymore

7. Cozmosis macrumors member

Cozmosis

If you really want to change again, either just do it or wait for the new releases and do it then.

8. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

Cannot really say I have ever experianced such urges, other than wanting the silver iPhone 5 back in 2012 (despite owning a Slate version). I dropped it and smashed the screen, at the store I asked for the white version and they made a big point of how it must be an exact like for like swap. Following this, they accidently handed me a 64GB version to replace my 32GB. Never changed my phone like this outside of the yearly upgrade since. I do hope you can get over your condition as I imagine it is painful to the wallet.

9. CEmajr macrumors 601

People would probably go crazy if Apple did indeed release a third size of 4" alongside the new iPhones this fall.

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i might do the same thing. i loved the battery life and screen on the 6 plus. my 6 is still sealed so i might go and exchange it.

11. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Liked the 6, got the 6+ used it for a while/ loved it till summer came, carrying it became a problem, back to 6, just feels more natural as a phone :)

12. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

This is me 100%.

13. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

I never thought it would happen but I'm ready to go to 6 now. I love the screen on the plus but I just find it to heavy and cumbersome. I'll be moving to 6s this year

14. imanidiot Suspended

Yes you are.
    You, like many who frequent the iPhone forum, need to get a life. Or something.
    A phone is a phone, not a hobby, and certainly should not properly be an object of ridiculous obsession.

15. stevemiller macrumors 68000

I just want to smugly point out the irony that as a person who prefers smaller screens, I am making due just fine with a 6 while acknowledging my preference; yet many of the enlightened masses who see only big screens as the future seem to be having a much more difficult time picking a size and living with it.

I say this in the most light hearted ribbing way possible. Mostly. ;)

16. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Put your cravings aside until the autumn and then get the 6+s or whatever it's going to be called. Must say I got the plus at launch and never looked back....

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I hope you aren't this wishy-washy over other purchases like a car, OP.:p

18. zone23 macrumors 68000

I'm right with you except I got a iPhone 5S that I switch too when I want something a little (or a lot) smaller. In the perfect world you would have both a 6 and a 6 Plus and just switch when you wanted. Only issue I have is I can't pair my watch with both phones at the same time.

19. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

They gave you a 64 GB version instead of 32 GB version? Really lucky! :cool:

20. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I don't like having a small screen phone. IPhone 6 Plus size is the perfect for me, although I cannot use it easily one handed. Can you believe that when I use iPhone 4, I mostly use it with both hands?

Therefore I don't hesitate the choice of size, just the performance. I don't know how powerful a9 chip would be. If it does have significant performance boost, I might sell this plus and buy another 6s Plus. However I doubt that if apple will do some good work on force touch.

21. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

Ha, it makes a good story. Only bad bit was how when I tried to restore it at a later date it ended up locked to Vodafone and I could not activate it! (I am an O2 customer, this was to do with the mistake in the phone I was given). Apple Customer Support sorted it though.

22. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Looks like they gave you a wrong phone with wrong ISP locked. Handy. Apple customer service has dealt with it? Wonderful.

23. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

It is a sickness ,lol. I have the iOS / android disease. IPhone 6,6 plus, galaxy s6 ,and s6 edge. Constantly swapping back and forth. I need to seek help,lol

24. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I have both phones. I got the 6 after little debate knowing the 6 plus was too big for me. I got the 6 plus today after talking to someone who has both. I'm using the 6 as my main phone and the plus as sort of a mini tablet connected to my iphone 6 hotspot and messages forward to the plus.

25. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

Probably, feels like yesterday but was three years ago...