From iOS 7 Beta 6 to Final Public Release?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by amnost, Sep 10, 2013.

1. amnost macrumors regular

Beta 6 >?> Final Public Release

I currently have my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 Beta 6, however my developer account has since expired and I'm not interesting in having an account anymore. When the final public release of iOS 7 comes next week, how do I update to that?

Basically, I am stuck with beta developer software, no longer interested in having any association with the developer side and need the final, non-developer version of iOS 7 when it is released, as I am unable to download the GM version instead and would rather return to normal public updates and releases.

Thank you!

2. amnost thread starter macrumors regular

Any ideas? :confused:

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like quite a few of the existing threads on the subject have a good amount of information about all of this. You'll be able to do it through iTunes.

4. The Rain Man macrumors newbie

Can't he just do it OTA like the rest? Or does this not apply to iOS beta users?

5. amnost thread starter macrumors regular

Any chance you could point me to one of those threads? I can't seem to find one.

Apparently iOS beta users can't OTA from a beta to the GM (must connect and download from Dev Center), or from a beta to a regular public release. That's why I'm really concerned about how to get my phone back on track here, come next Wednesday.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

1) Downgrade to 6.14 and wait for public release of ios 7

2) Download ios 7 GM from the internet and install

Either option will get you the new release without having to be signed up again.