From iphone 6s to iPhone 7 plus? How do you feel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imlynxy, Aug 15, 2016.

1. imlynxy macrumors 65816

Hi guys,

I heard that it is possible that iPhone 7 plus will have 256 Gb of storage. I have a lot of data on my phone and I need more space now. I'm ok with 6s, never wanted 6s+, but I think I have no choices now.

I want to hear your experience of switching from regular to plus size. Is it too big? Is it functional? Can you go gym with a plus size? Bicycle ride? Reception? ... everything.

I know I have 15 days to give it back to Apple, but I really don't want to run back and forth.

Thanks

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

128GB iPhone 6s+. I do fine with it.

Not feeling the 7 if it's as fugly as the pictures show.

3. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

What was you feeling when you changed from regular to plus size?

4. zone23 macrumors 68000

The Plus is big no one can deny that. Sometimes it will even hurt my hand holding it because its not light either. That said you can get used to it and it has a number of advantages. I have a skin on mine as to not add any additional bulk but I also use Apple leather cases too at times. So it really depends if you're dedicated to caring a big phone then you will be fine, if at times you wish you had your little iPhone (as I call it) then it might not work out. I actually have both the 6S and the 6S+. I carry the plus most of the time.

5. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Wait, what? If rumors are true then it looks exactly like the 6s you have no problem with.

Or are you talking about the soul crushing camera bump that is surely going to lose you the respect of everybody you come into contact with?

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, I have a 6s+. And I hate the fugly antenna bands and the camera bump.

The 7 looks worse with the camera bump.

And, while I don't care what anyone else thinks of the stuff I own and use, I DO care what I think of it. I use my phones for 2.5 to 3.5 years before replacing. I do NOT want to hate how it looks during that entire time. When the device moves down to simply being a media device at home I also don't want to hate how it looks for that time period.

Last year was an anomoly for us. We upgraded twice because of circumstance. Otherwise, I'd still be hanging out with my iPhone 5 waiting for next year's iPhone.

7. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I also like Apple leather case. I think I try 7+ this time.

My only concern is when I work out isn't it too big? I usually hang it to my pants in a pouch like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9GTPR2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and use Jay Bird X bluetooth headphones (waiting for X3)

On my bicycle it is in my back pocket.

In a car it is in a holder.

8. zone23 macrumors 68000

I have a armband I bought on Amazon for cheap, with that its not a issue.

9. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I tried to workout with an armband. I cannot do benchpress or work on my biceps/triceps, my arm is getting a kind of numb (or may be it is a phsyco problem :) )
    When I run/bycicle it is fine

I've just bought a bigger belt pouch for S+ on Amazon, try to workout with it on my belt.

I read/watched 6svs6s+ reviews, I want 7+. Camera is great.

P.S. Also I'm getting older, cannot see very well, but this is my secret :)

10. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

I'm young-ish and definitely appreciate the screen size. My parents both have a plus for the reason you identified above. If you're used to one hand use, its a slight adjustment but its worth it trust me. Be able to read paragraphs very easily is really nice over the 5s I used to have.

11. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

Both phones are getting 256GB options. No way Apple would not have it on the smaller model.

12. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I got the 6 plus two years ago and love the bigger size. The bigger screen and better specs really do make a difference.

13. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Initially couldn't believe the size difference. I however soon got used to it and now would miss the size. My only complaint is it is not so comfortable to hold with one hand but will be different for each individual. If you have a local Apple or Phone store best to check out the feel for yourself.

14. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

This is what I just did in my mall. Size is ok for me to hold. 60%+ of the time I'm on car bluetooth or my Boss QC35/Jaybirds X1.

The only question I still have: "gym and bicycle". Anyway, I'll never know, before I try.

I'm going to order 256 + with dual camera. Also if I don't like it I can return it 14 days back.

Guys, thanks for the info here, good luck with your new iPhones.