iPhone 7(+) From Iphone 7 to X or XR

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FCDELEON5, Oct 30, 2018.

1. FCDELEON5 macrumors newbie

Good morning ,

Im in a little debate with my spouse where we both want to upgrade our phone but dont want to over spent too much money over the Iphone XS, to the people that has either X or XR, which of those is best for the money ?

Since Iphone X can get it brand new for $899 for 256gb
    and Iphone XR for $799 for 128gb

i aware that one has newer chip that the other but apart for smart HDR , and Bokeh effect
    what is best ?

Your opinion is welcome

2. The Oak macrumors regular

Tough call ...

X is also a dual camera system.

Do you take a lot of pictures for that to make a difference? I would perhaps take a look at the XR pictures versus the X. The XR is a newer lens though with the A12 behind it.

You'll have the A12 with the XR so things like games and AR will naturally run faster/better in theory and will remain more future proof.

The XR will be bigger and heavier.

You are also looking at OLED vs LCD.

For "me", I would probably go with the XR just because it is the "latest greatest".

Not sure if you could go wrong either way though.

Edit:

FWIW I went from a 7 to an XS. XS is awesome.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I agree. I have the X and have no plan to get the XR but if I were coming from an older model I would choose the newer hardware 100% of the time.

Having said that, should one of you choose the X instead you'll not be disappointed. Mine runs flawlessly with iOS 12.

4. Ketsjap macrumors member

Ketsjap

I just upgraded from a 6S to an XR, and I couldn’t be happier. This is a major improvement. The screen is so large, and I must say that it is very impressive. Granted, the screen on the other models might be even more impressive because they’re OLED, but this still is very, very good screen.

The camera is very impressive as well. The portrait mode works impeccably. It is very impressive what Apple managed to do with this new single lens, combined with software.

If I were you, I would opt for the newest model. You get a bigger screen, a better camera, better battery life, and a better processor.

There is nothing budget about this phone. It is stunning. And I didn’t even mention the colors -mine is blue, and it is gorgeous.

5. FCDELEON5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your opinion, for myself i think ill go with the XS cause is almost the same size as my Iphone 7 , while the XR is good and do almost everything as the XS but i think wifey would prefer XR for the screen

6. The Oak macrumors regular

As stated, I went from a 7 to an XS.

This size is still just enough to notice in hands, pockets and coats.

The full screen is super nice to look at, but does take some adjustment from a thumb/finger perspective.

The XS also feels like 1000 lbs/kg compared the the 7. The 7 (4.87oz) is a feather compared to the XS (6.25oz). You will feel that in your hand and pockets.

XS is still awesome.

7. pdp1 macrumors regular

Recommendation from me, get the Xr, it has the latest and greatest and though the X is still a great phone, the Xr will no doubt will have software support for at least one year longer than the X. The other main point for me to pick the Xr is the superior wide angle camera/sensor.

There are only two reasons I'd say to not go with my recommendation, in order or importance:

1) You cannot handle the bigger size of the Xr
    2) You must have optical zoom

All other differences between X and Xr that may bother you, I'm pretty confident you'd get used to over the course of time.