From Iphone7 to Iphone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreenPea, Apr 8, 2017.

1. GreenPea macrumors newbie

I currently have the Iphone 7 but am considering changing to the Iphone SE.
    I LOVE the size, shape, weight of the SE. I know it is small, and I will have to readjust to the screen size.
    Has anyone else switched from a larger Iphone to the SE and what was your experience?
    Do you like the SE better?

Thanks

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have the iPhone 7 plus and the SE. The latter is used as a backup phone / iPod / alarm clock / reading / surfing in bed device. I like the smaller phone for its uses. However, as a main phone, I find it too small for full time use. It is very hard on the eyes after using the larger phone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I couldn't do it, I love the 7 plus size.
    But give it a shot.

4. Sunny1990, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

No way i am going Back to a 4 inch iPhone after using iPhone 7 Plus
    IMG_0113.JPG

5. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Went from the SE to 7. The small screen and lack of OIS grew old after 9 months of ownership.

6. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502

7. mjschabow macrumors 65816

No 3D Touch is the killer for me. I use it too much.

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Same here. I know many to find this feature unuseful to them. I think one of the reasons some don't use it, is because they forget it exists to begin with. I find it to be a huge short cut to access particular parts of the application versus opening as a whole. It's a quicker method from my usage.

9. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I have both and switch between them based on my mood. I use the se as my iPod touch though.

10. Newt82 macrumors newbie

Newt82

I switched from a iPhone 6 to the iPhone SE. Pretty happy tbh. I use my iPad at home for youtube, browsing the net, watching movies etc. My SE is strictly used for phone and messaging, and i have a playlist of music i frequently like to listen to whilst out and about.
    My biggest gripe with iPhone 6 was it was too big, it was hurting and contorting my hand. One handed use was pretty impossible. So I had no desire to update to the 7. Also the SE is a classic design, love how I can use it without being frightened I drop it like a wet bar of soap.
    Also it was awesome when I freaked out this hipster looking dude working at ikea when I paid using Apple Pay on "iPhone 5s" as he thought it was not possible. LOL

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Interesting you post pictures of your iPhones all the time on here, but you won't Post a single picture of your Apple Watch on the Watch forum. Why not? :D

Sold the SE. The poor display was the only drawback.

12. Hym tix macrumors member

Hym tix

Went from 6s to SE last year. I have no regrets. Same specs other than screen size and 3D Touch. Way more pocketable. For a phone, I just didn't need the bigger screen.

13. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I'm using several phones just because I can. I use a 6S+ as my daily. I also have a 6S, S7 Edge and a SE that I got last Wednesday. I didn't upgrade to the 7 this year. I skip a year with iPhones/Androids.

The only problem I have with the SE is in typing sometimes, I'll hit the x accidentally deleting something or I'll hit the spacebar. The keyboard is too small. The space between rows appears to be the same on the 6S+ and the SE but it still is easier to accidentally hit a key next to the one I am pressing. That's my only complaint and it only happens when tying in passwords/user names because I can't use swype type keyboards for those.

14. Math889 macrumors 65816

just went from SE to 6S Plus..
    I cant live without 3d touch ..Its so useful ...

15. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I returned my SE and bought a 7. Used my 7+ as a trade-in. The plus size was nice for a while but after using the SE for a couple of days the wasted space all over the home screen was really bothering me and I've lost hope that we'll see a jailbreak that would allow my five column springboard.