From Iphone7 to Iphone SE?

GreenPea

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I currently have the Iphone 7 but am considering changing to the Iphone SE.
I LOVE the size, shape, weight of the SE. I know it is small, and I will have to readjust to the screen size.
Has anyone else switched from a larger Iphone to the SE and what was your experience?
Do you like the SE better?

Thanks

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
Went from the SE to 7. The small screen and lack of OIS grew old after 9 months of ownership.

Reactions: Lockon

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
No 3D Touch is the killer for me. I use it too much.
Same here. I know many to find this feature unuseful to them. I think one of the reasons some don't use it, is because they forget it exists to begin with. I find it to be a huge short cut to access particular parts of the application versus opening as a whole. It's a quicker method from my usage.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I have both and switch between them based on my mood. I use the se as my iPod touch though.

Newt82

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I switched from a iPhone 6 to the iPhone SE. Pretty happy tbh. I use my iPad at home for youtube, browsing the net, watching movies etc. My SE is strictly used for phone and messaging, and i have a playlist of music i frequently like to listen to whilst out and about.
My biggest gripe with iPhone 6 was it was too big, it was hurting and contorting my hand. One handed use was pretty impossible. So I had no desire to update to the 7. Also the SE is a classic design, love how I can use it without being frightened I drop it like a wet bar of soap.
Also it was awesome when I freaked out this hipster looking dude working at ikea when I paid using Apple Pay on "iPhone 5s" as he thought it was not possible. LOL

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I'm using several phones just because I can. I use a 6S+ as my daily. I also have a 6S, S7 Edge and a SE that I got last Wednesday. I didn't upgrade to the 7 this year. I skip a year with iPhones/Androids.

The only problem I have with the SE is in typing sometimes, I'll hit the x accidentally deleting something or I'll hit the spacebar. The keyboard is too small. The space between rows appears to be the same on the 6S+ and the SE but it still is easier to accidentally hit a key next to the one I am pressing. That's my only complaint and it only happens when tying in passwords/user names because I can't use swype type keyboards for those.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
just went from SE to 6S Plus..
I cant live without 3d touch ..Its so useful ...

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I returned my SE and bought a 7. Used my 7+ as a trade-in. The plus size was nice for a while but after using the SE for a couple of days the wasted space all over the home screen was really bothering me and I've lost hope that we'll see a jailbreak that would allow my five column springboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.