From jailbreak to normal

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 2ask, Dec 10, 2010.

1. 2ask macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,
    I have jailbreaked my Iphone 4 with the programm Greenpois0n and intsalled cydia,...
    but now I probably understand that i have made a mistake and I want you to ask if its possible te restore your Iphone without that he crashes. I have heard serten things that if you will update your Iphone after he has been jailbreaked, he crashes and that's actually not what i want to.
    There was the new Iphone version, i think 4.2.1. that i haven't installed yet,...

Can somebody with experience, who has done it before, teel me if it's possible and how you have to do it??

thanks any way

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Just do a restore and you will be back to stock.

3. 2ask thread starter macrumors newbie

how sure are you??
    Because i really dont want him to crash

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not sure what websites or thread you have been reading, but no crashes or anything. All you do is a fresh restore or upgrade (if you want to go to 4.2.1) and the Jailbreak will be gone. If you want to completely get rid of any trace of it you will have to set your phone as "new" and not restore your backup (this will make you lose all your settings, SMS and game saved).

You can try restoring the backup and see if you see anything out of place, if you do, re-do it and set it as new.

5. 2ask thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot ;)

6. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

What mistake have you made?

Also I would recommend restoring as new to get rid of any traces of the jailbreak.

7. 2ask thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really a mistake, Just realised that it doesn't help me a lot, and doesn't feel convortabel with it. Restore as new seems better. Will try, Thanks

8. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

I see. Well good luck with restoring.

9. Jooles macrumors member

If you restore from backup that used to be JB onto a non-jb phone, what stuff gets transfered over that even remotely relates to that previous JB??

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Some JB apps store info in the "userland" area, which get backup by iTunes and of course restore, some of that info may no be visually available to you, but it will show up on Apple's Diagnostic tool.