From Leopard back to Tiger ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Richie79, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Richie79 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Since I have problems with Leopard I want to install Tiger back and wait for the update to come, but the question is how do I do that ?

When I insert the Tiger disc it will say I can't install it. When I go disk utility under Leopard I can't erase the disk either.

For now i'm not happy with Leopard at all. Expose is really buggy since it hangs for a sec and then it shows the screens. When I scroll on webpages it hangs for a sec and then it scrolls again. Same thing with my mouse cursor then it stops for a sec and then it bounces of to the other side of the screen.

I don't know what the problem is really. I did two clean installs and it's still the same so the problem must be with Leopard. Also after installing Leopard the framerate in WoW is very low

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

you'd have to erase and install by booting from your cd. If you go to system preferences, select start up disk, and then pick your 10.4 dvd/cd from the menu, and hit restart that should boot on to the disk. Then you'll have to erase and install, losing all your precious data. Its a good thing you can back up though!

3. Richie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Richie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tiger won't show up in the menu. I just get to see 10.5 HD and Network Startup

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Try holding down the "c" key when rebooting. It ought to boot into the Leopard Install DVD.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If it wasn't for the faster feel of Leopard, I might go back to Tiger.

7. Richie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok will try :) It's the Tiger install dvd btw :p

8. Richie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I tried holding down the "c" key but it didn't seem to help.

First you'll see a globe flashing in the middle of the screen for a while, then a folder with question mark in it flashes 1 time and then it goes back to the start up screen and from there to the desktop

9. Richie79 thread starter macrumors newbie

None of the above seems to work for me. Anyone got a clue how to install Tiger back again ?