From Lion to Mountain Lion advice

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Sniv, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Sniv macrumors member

Hi guys

I'm still a newbie when it comes to Mac in general.

I have a MBA 2011 and very happy. But I am beginning to consider updating Lion to Mountain Lion, but are there some points I should be aware of when updating?

I've never tried it before so any advice, tips or "just do it" comments will be welcomed :)

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

pretty simple, just have to buy the ML osx from mac store online, then download to your air, make sure before doing anything to your machine, back it up either Time machine or clone will do to an external drive.
    after down loading the osx, you have a chance to create a physical osx on usb or sd drive, google it for procedure. This handy stick you can use later on for
    installing your osx.
    installing is easy you can press option key as soon as the chime sound for rebooting. on screen guide will instruct you to do the rest.
    osx cost only $20 in US.

3. helveta macrumors member

I'm looking at the same thing, in fact I've already made a usb mountain lion boot drive. Since I use my MBA for work I can't afford to have it messed up. Is anyone running into software compatibility issues?

4. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Back up is what you have to do, in case of problems you can always reverse back to lion, as simple as mud.

5. Sniv thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for your advice :)